I went up to see all 6 lbs of Matilda (she was 6'7 but shrunk by the time I saw her) last night and as roly-poly and built as Ian was at birth, she was tiny and delicate. ADORABLE! I could have held her and watched her wriggle and make faces (99% of the time with those eyes closed) all night. And, I practically did... though Matthew was holding up the fort just fine. Is it time for another one? As one of our friend's Shannon put it when I asked that "Think of bed time!" spoken like a true mom right? One who is all too familiar with the witching hour. Touche, nothing will talk me out of it more than thinking of bed time!! (Well that and I would have to have a baby at 35 weeks to get a 6 pounder and my NICU ship has sailed!)
For those of you who know Jessica and were anxiously awaiting this baby as well, lots of pictures below.
We went to LouAnn's for a hair day on Wednesday and Duncan was running around with the pack only half of the time. He prefers to work alone. And by work, I mean get in to everything! He's so curious... curious and determined Jill says (she sticks up for him when I say he's naughty), although those are scary traits to have in a two-year-old!
At one point he was missing and LouAnn went to check in her sewing room, and when she came out closing the door I said "He wasn't in there?" and she said "Yes, I just sent him out." I shook my head... He had run right out of the sewing room into her bedroom! You should see how many toys and things to do there are at grandma's! Doesn't matter.
He was in the pantry and found the white vinegar that was down at his level (not that it matters...) and he kept saying juice. So fine, juice. I took the lid off and put a drop on his finger! He liked it! "JUICE!" Oh great. I should have known that my kid would like vinegar!
Apparently during Dylan's appointment Eden went to Jill's house and she commented "Your doors are all shut did you know that?" and Jill said "Yes, I did it because Duncan was over!" That's right... as long as we are aware and can watch I guess we will deal with it!
I did learn something new though, this is exactly how Matthew was!! As his mother starts telling me various stories about Matthew and his antics I am plugging my ears and humming to myself! I know! I know you tied him to a tree because he used to run away, I know you found him in a neighbor's garage in the middle of the night, I KNOW he learned about physics with a best friend and a brick while he was driving. I KNOW! And I guess this means I have many more years of watching him closely!
As he was resisting my insisting that he sit on his pockets in his car seat so I could get him buckled I finally flipped him around and said "Good night!" in frustration. To which he responded "Oood Night!" If he wasn't so cute when he was being naughty! (Yes Jill, I said NAUGHTY!)
We have Dylan's IEP on June 4th. This is where we meet with the school district and Early Intervention to get her plan going for when she turns 3 in October and graduates from EI. I have no idea what to expect but I hear I need to be prepared and learn about the process. I have heard wonderful things about the district though. School... egads. Don't I have a few more years left?



Pulling a face - that looks very much like her parents, though I can't tell which one... thinking Jessica. I took this to show how little she is, that cel phone's not that big. Take a look at your phone, now the picture, now back at your phone. Tiny.





2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures! You're right... never too many. I'm so jealous of you.
Cute pics. We missed you at Amanda's shower!
Post a Comment