We hung out with Shannon, Tracy and Charlotte on Friday night and dinner with the kids was a joke. What a mess! craziness, all around. Usually Dylan is fairly calm so we can tag team Duncan but she just didn't want to play. Whew... wore me out. Games after with Michael and Megan who came to join us. That sweet girl Charlotte will fall asleep over here sometimes and let us play.
There was a baptism (Jessica) and two baby blessings (Mallori and McKell) on Saturday so the whole family got together after for yummy food. Ami did a talk on baptism and there was my son in the back going "It's Ami!! Ami!" And waving. I just don't think he's used to being in church and seeing people he knows that well up there talking. really proud of my little neice Jessica for taking the plunge too.
Kind of on the short notice we decided to go up to Kristen and Gary's cabin Sunday night instead of LouAnn's. They have a bunch of four-wheelers and I hadn't been up to their new cabin yet. We thought Duncan would ave a blast chasing after all of the kids and getting dirty. It's about 45 minutes away or so, not bad, and the kids didn't seem to mind the drive.
Duncan got to bed at 11:30 Sunday night and still got up at 7:30 Monday morning. What is wrong with this kid? Not that I was affected by it, Matthew let me sleep in! I had tried on Saturday and Sunday but there's the Ian factor... third time's a charm! When I came out he mentioned taking Duncan back up so we all got in the car again.
As we pulled up Duncan said "Ride! Ride!! Yaaaaay!" And started clapping. Think he had fun? Nooooo!
At one point Kristen took us for a ride in Big Red to get the kids to sleep. Dylan fell asleep right away on my lap, but Duncan, who was on Kristen's lap and 'driving' took a while to let go. He finally did and turned into a 30 pound ragdoll on Kristen's lap. Didn't last long though, I knew it wouldn't, as soon as we stopped he was up and ready to go again.
We came down in time to shower and throw some food in Dylan and left for my mom's for dinner with Trina and Steve. Duncan was kind of a zombie from having such a fun weekend but when it was time to go, it was time to go!
Also - Matthew glued his fingers to the Super Glue tube this evening. I threatened to take a picture and put it on the blog! He said that was fine which took all the fun out of it so I didn't. FYI, you can get it off with Acetone, like in Fingernail polish remover. Do I look like the finger nail polish type of person? NO! He was lucky we found some, I almost had to call the neighbor!

Charlotte's funny tent face!

Little poker face!

Caught this one mid-step! Pretty impressive eh? She goes all the way accross the room on her knees now. Used to be step, step, fall. Not any more, she's getting pretty good. Also - to be fair... she had a dress on too, but I chose to not torture her and whipped it off right after the blessing!

Pretty girl

This is a very Dylie face...

Another cute one

Terri is uber photogenic! Grrrr.

You're not leaving without me are you?

Going for a ride in Big Red. He's with Dillon who takes very good care of all the kids when he visits. It's fabulous! He just loves to play with them all.
Roman got to ride in front with Uncle Gary. He was pretty excited about it.
Ian eating Uncle gary's hat

LOVING watermelon!

Dylan has been standing so much in the last 5 days or so! It's crazy! If it's slightly taller than her, she's trying to stand on it! And for HUGE amounts of time too. It seems like it's getting longer and longer every day. Itching to get to that Spina Bifida clinic appointment to see Dr. Ortho!

Grandma LouAnn and Mallori

If it's sugar... these two are always in it. They seem to have radars for junk food. At least they can do it together!

And the result... yes, I just sat and watched them do it, taking a billion pictures. At one point Matthew came up and said "Oh, Duncan no!" and then saw me and shrugged and walked off.











1 comment:
Sounds like quite the weekend! I'm glad you had a good time! Very cute pics. =)
Post a Comment