So I had the babes all to myself all week. It wasn't so bad. We went out a few times, dinner at my mom's, where Bob and Duncan went on a walk, and to see cousins. It broke up the week a bit. I have come to realize that when Matthew's out of town it's pretty easy to not get a break from the kiddos, it's far more difficult than when he's in town and gets tied up and can't come home for some reason, or is really late. I guess if you come to terms with having no back-up you plan better. Huge thanks to Megan and Michael for picking him up from the airport late on Friday night.
Mom came over to watch the two littles so Duncan and I cold go grocery shopping too. Quite the chore!
Traci came over to scrapbook on Friday and we had to get the kids in bed and everything so we got started late but I definitely appreciated the help during the witching hour. (which used to be when the kids all wanted dinner, but now it's when they all want to go to bed at the same time.) We did get some comic relief from scrapbooking when Matthew, Michael and Megan arrived though. Good clean entertainment right there! I got a few pages done, about par for what I usually do during these nights and just enough to require me to go replenish the stock at a scrapbook sale on Saturday (riiiight!). I didn't buy too much... ...
On Monday we had a couple special guests. This morning Erin's little guy Noah had to have a small procedure done here at the children's hospital so she came down with Noah and Solomon Monday night. (I rescheduled knitting night to Wednesday, thanks ladies!) We all went to Red Robin which Solomon thinks is the finest dining available, so cute. Before dinner my brilliant (when it comes to food) child tore the corner off a sugar packet and was dipping his finger in it. What? Who does that? My word.
While Noah and Erin were at the hospital Shorty stayed here with us to play... probably oodles more fun than hanging out at the hospital but I think that guy could probably make fun wherever he went! What energy he has! Holy cow... him and Duncan ran in circles around the living room/kitchen for at least half of the time Erin was gone. Good though, wear each other out! Having a four year old here exploring all the rooms and toys sure helped me realize how many noisy or musical toys we have here! Something's usually going at all times, but you know it's usually the same toy, not alternating with other toys right? It was a noisy house!
We will be seeing them again in a few days when we get to watch Noah so they can go to a concert.
Aunt Megan and Ian snuggling. Michael and Megan came over for games and Dylan ended up with a fever of 102.8. So we were lucky to have them here to man Ian for a bit while we dealt with that little issue. No idea what that was all about... scares me when she gets fevers and that's a doozey. (Turns out the Motrin we fed her to cut it was in the big kid's medicine recall too! Blech)

Happy little guy!

Dylan after a BIG fit. BIG. I brought her in her room because there's some different toys in there, it's a change of pace. She cried for a little while, I laid on the floor next to her and after the fit snapped a couple pictures of her swollen, red, sad face.

Seriously, no more pictures please.




No comments:
Post a Comment