Last Sunday Jill had Mallori on the floor and Dylan came over to her. Everyone held their breath, Dylan's a little biter you know, you never know what the girl might do when she gets excited! (Recently, Eden, Melissa and Paige have all paid the price for making her happy). Dylan put a hand on Mallori, bent down, gave her a little kiss and smiled up at Jill! She went in for another smackaroo before she went on her merry way. Everyone in the room thought it was completely adorable and very unexpected. She's been very gentle with Ian in the past though, so I knew she wouldn't tackle or anything but I think she surprised everyone.
Sunday's are pretty hard on the little ones, they just aren't themselves because there's so many people, it's pretty overwhelming. So Dylan doens't always show her true colors, she just happened to be in a very good mood I guess! I will take it.
We have her Spina Bifida Clinic appointment in July. It was due next month but no Friday worked for us so we had to go to the next month. Kind of a bummer, I am looking forward to talking to Dr. Ortho about bracing her legs. She just loves to stand but can't seem to get her balance because of her bent knees. I don't want her to stop trying. I want to see the Dietician too, Dylan seems to be filling out quite a bit and I would love to see her growth charts at this point. Her back and thighs don't look so bad. It's all that yummy pudding!
Ian's been doing really well, I fed him solids the last two nights in a row and he loves it. I forgot what it was like to feed a child that you don't have to sing and dance to to make open their mouth! It's fast, and messy, but it gets the job done. He also rolls over, it's slow, and not deliberate, usually resulting from straining to look at a sibling (or Wow Wow Wubzy).
Volume control

Action shot...

The first of what will be many toy battles...

Dylan won.

"Mom, hi hi hi hi hi, mom, hi hi hi hi hi!"

Leaning in...

Once...


1 comment:
The rocking and the smooching... too much cuteness! I love it! :)
Post a Comment