Friday, May 14, 2010

A walk... a long long walk.

Matthew and Duncan went on a walk last night. Before they left I mentioned how it looked like it was going to rain and it looked a little chilly and he commented that they were just going to go around the block.

So come 8:30, slightly dark and slightly past Duncan's bed time, I look and Matthew left his cel here. It's a big block, don't get me wrong, but they had been gone quite a while. Meanwhile, it was the witching hour and both of the littles needed to eat and be put to bed/held/snuggled/sang to at the same time. (Let's not talk about how this was my night that Matthew was going to help me get everyone to bed, so much easier with two laps for feeding/holding/snuggling/singing!) Finally I get a call. It was Matthew, "Need anything from your mom's?"

Mom's house is within walking distance along the parkway for a looong walk, but rainy, cold around the block walks? ahem.

(And he went the long way because he doesn't know the short cut way from the parkway through her neighborhood.)

Here I am, 8:45, loading the littles in the van and going to pick him up!!! I am sure grandma and grandpa were pleased to have a surprise visit, and Duncan had fun... but... I mean. Well, you know.

So we rushed to get everyone happy and in bed. Dylan's milk was already warm and ready when I left so I pulled it down by her and went to quickly get some Benadryl for her stuffies. It was 'safe', she had fallen asleep in the car and was out cold. This is probably where a picture's worth a thousand words.

At least she looks comfortable... right?

I put Ian in the tub this morning and he was concentrating so hard on making the biggest splash he possibly could that his toungue was out! He was having to much fun but I had to hurry but I did have enough time for a few pictures. (Of course!)

Duncan loves to pour things. I may have mentioned this before but it's a very serious thing. He will pour things, mostly water, from cup to cup to bowl to cup for.ev.er. He loves it. He likes it so much he cannot be trusted with a regular cup or even one without a non-spill valve because he will pour. He even pours out his Capri Suns on Sundays. So, fine, he doesn't get a fun cup... he works around it. He will take a gigantic swig off his sippy and spit it into another cup, collect a bunch and then pour away! Gross! At least Dylan's no longer licking her hands, one saliva issue to the next I guess!

He's somehow gotten tall enough to reach just about everything on the counter and we've gone from pushing things to the center of the counter to actually having to tell him he cannot have things (this goes over well...). The other day he got a box of the baby cereal we mix in with food for Dylan and before I knew it he had poured the ENTIRE box out on the TV stand! There he was, pouring it from cup to cup. Like his own personal sand... er.... cereal box. Oh my word! So I made him clean up, and he hates the vaccuum, so it was punishment enough I suppose.

Dylan's sick again. This was the runny nose that she and Duncan had on Monday, Duncan's cleared in one day and of course Dylan's is just getting worse. Last night I could hear her just struggling to breath in her room so we pulled out the humidifier and did saline drops. But still when I came out this morning after feeding Ian my first question when Matthew said she was still in her room was "is she breathing?" We always check to make sure. I guess there probably won't ever be a time when that isn't the first thing we do when she sleeps later than expected. Boo.

Oh and I forgot to answer Grandma Shirley's question from a letter ages ago. That blanket that was pink and purple was done in blocks and sewn together. There were 4 striped blocks and 5 ginham ones. I would love to tap into all that crafty knowledge that you have, but we live to far away... sad. Well, that and the littles are pretty time-consuming. I am lucky to get done a dish rag here and there!



I have a dozen (or more) pictures that are some variation of this...


Biggest. smile. ever.


When Dylan crawls by Ian he reaches up and grabs her sleeve. She's not quite sure what to do about it and how to react. But I walked in and they were having a moment, I ran for the camera and got in one picture before she moved on. Boy will she be in trouble in a month or two!


Daddy and Duncan shared a blueberry smoothie this morning. Notice the purple on his forehead the other pictures showed it in betwee his fingers too. Seriously? A smoothie?

No comments: