
Sorry, she's taken. I will not share. I am rude like that... This would be the final result of the new pan that Jessica was trying out on us! It's a brownie with a hidden Reeses Peanut Butter cup inside... heated up in the microwave with melted peanut buttery topping, topped with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled with a lovely dripping of home made fudge! It looks super tasty and all here, but I still don't think the pictures does it justice. It was sooo good! Rich though... I couldn't finish but the boys did a fine job.
Also this evening, I think I pretty much solidified that the only person who will ever play Rummikub with me is my dear mother. We need to set up a match sometime mom...
Before the dessert the kids and I ran out to Shane and Traci's because my dad was coming to town and bringing the kiddos a present. He made them each a toy, her a rocking chair and him a town car. I think Duncan thinks they are both his though... and that's fine for now. After we got home I brought them in from the car and you should have seen the look on his face! He was so excited that we got to bring them home. He though they belonged at Abbi's house. He kept climbing in and out of the chair, it was pretty cute. Picture of the chair momentarily.. unless you've already peeked ahead (Traci!!).
So we found out last week that Dylan's PT Pat is packing up her dishrags and leaving town! What? I know! Booo! She got a great opportunity in Canada doing similar work in a great NICU environment. So... not sure when our last week with her will be but I need to take some pictures as I can't see us visiting her in Canada anytime soon. (It's cold there!) We are sure going to miss her, she has been with Dylan since the NICU! I still remember the first time we met Pat, she had all 2.5 lbs of Dylan sitting up in her isolette and she was trying to get Dylie to suck on her pinkie!
Last week while Pat was over she had Dylan on her belly pushing up with her arms and Dylan actually shifted her hip a little. As if to (eventually) crawl! It was great! We are seeing so many improvements in Dylan lately, we are so proud of her. She has even been eating her solid foods a little faster for me. I no longer put in a spoonful and walk away... it only take a few seconds for her to work it out and swallow it down. Yay! We have been trying solids twice a day for a couple of weeks and maybe the practice is paying off!
Have I mentioned that my son doesn't like noodles? This presents a serious problem... have you ever met a kid that doesn't like Mac and Cheese? Now you have... Ramon noodles? Yup, those either. No Raviolis, no spaghetti... it's a serious problem! Jessica assures me that bread and cheese sustain life, I think Duncan's going to challenge that to see if it's true.
The only picture we got of Dylie in the chair, it's a cel phone picture though... who forgets their camera anyway?

He does actually ride the car the right way... but this is pretty fun too. He was going from the chair to the car, chair to the car.
"uhhhh..."
Steve with a chillin' Dylan on Friday night.







3 comments:
Ummmm I love rummikub so all you have to do now is invite Chris and me over for a game night. Have I told you how much I love reading your blog? Kristin
Hey girl, I love Rummikub too! Where's that transporter thingie?? Give the babes kisses from me & a hug for yourself!
Coming out of lurkerdom to tell you to pass a message on to my sister, since you obviously talk to her more than me.
Tell her to go ahead and bring that new pan of hers on down to Arizona when she visits. I must reap the benefits of her new pan too. Oh, tell her Tabitha wants one of those brownies. She's more likely to bring it that way.
Dylan and Duncan are super cute! I love reading about them.
Post a Comment