I got a call today that absolutely broke my heart and I am just sickened about it. Jacob, the twins' little playmate from the other day, passed away today. I cannot quit thinking about it. Although I know Jacob is in a better place, I can't imagine the pain that his family is feeling right now. Jacob and his family are an inspiration for anyone who has to deal with trials.
From his mom Michelle's blog, written just this last Friday after attending her grandfather's funeral "...at 30 this is only the second funeral in my family I have ever been to. So while I was facing the thoughts of how short life is my mind kept wandering back to the NICU with Jacob. How many times I have seen him crash and have to be revived, the times I have done CPR on him myself, how he has defied the odds so many times and come back to me when he shouldn't have...I guess at least half of my tears were for my son. Although he has given me more grey hair than I care to think about, I CANNOT imagine my life without him. Regardless of how much easier it would be. Thank you God for my beautiful little family!"
You can tell not only what an amazing person Michelle is but also how strong they all are. I will be praying for her and Moroni as they deal with his loss. As for little Jacob, he is now free from the physical ailments that plagued him here. He is amazing, he touched us all in his short 19 months and he will be missed. I am so grateful for the knowledge that families will be together again someday. This is not the end. I will be thinking and praying for you Michelle and Moroni. I am so sorry.
3 comments:
Shannon, I am so sorry for your friends' great loss. This is such a sad time for their family and for yours. I know you have been very good support for each other and hope that your friendship will help them through a very tough time. Love, Aunt Nancy
Shannon, your friend Michelle has an amazing friend named Shannon Jean, and she will support her and her family in this sad time. Thank God that little Jacob is free of pain, even though he will be missed horribly. Hug your own kids and husband a few extra times this week, and you'll all find the strength to help your friends. We'll be thinking about you and praying for all of you. Love you. Aunt Jane.
Oh, I'm so sorry for your friends, and for you! That is just so so sad. My love and prayers are with all of you, especially little Jacob.
Post a Comment