So this morning I suspected Dylie's little infection friend was back... Bah! I could have been making it up, but on the chance I might be right I decided that we wanted to nip it in the bud before she got uncomfortable. Especially since last night was night #2 of actually not waking up at 3 in the morning... She is just getting out of the habit that I suspect being uncomfortable last time got her in.
Anyway, we saw a different doctor in the office today, the cousin's Porter and Jonah's Pediatrician actually. While she was there he though he would check, why not? I am not sure if I mentioned this last time but the last doctor (who wasn't her primary doctor either...) just cleaned her up and pushed on her bladder to get a 'sample'. So when we went in last Monday to make sure it was gone I told her Primary nurse that and we were able to get a catch without cathing her... Good right? I suppose the only time being truly incontinent will ever come in handy.
So today the not-primary nurse went to get her primary nurse to see if we coud recreate the magic. Funny enough, the other way didn't work. For a minute I thought we making have to cath, but then the nurse told me to tell her a joke. Haha! So I tickle her and sure enough! Trickle trickle!
When the doctor came back in he said he did know about Dylan before he saw her... she was a talk in the office a few weeks ago. Ready for slight TMI? Dylie grew out a rare-ish kind of bacteria. Not the normal bacteria that they typically see in girls infections (You know.. the poo kind, it's a proximity thing...) He said maybe 1 in 50 grow out this kind. She was on the right stuff before, and she was supposedly clear of it last Monday... BUT it's back! He said he will chalk it up to bad luck this time but if she gets another they might think preventative. (They don't usually do preventative meds unless tests comes back showing reflux, which Dylan's was negative.)
ANYWAY... she's on antibiotics that are apparently 10x stronger. Bah! Good thing she's super cute!
1 comment:
Poor girl! Hope she gets better soon!
Post a Comment