I was worried about how Duncan would do without being able to get down for his morning nap but he did great! We finished the walk around noon and then went to a little deli out there for lunch. I had a Rueben, I love me Ruebens! However, this Kraut was more Kraut then Sour, but the meat was tasty. Duncan even lasted through lunch with no complaints. He did fall asleep about 7 minutes into the ride home though!
Dylan only complained when I woke her up to move her form the car to the stroller, then she was awake and along for the ride. No complaints for food or anything! Good kids! I brought the little greaseballs home (sun block) and we all took a family nap, which is what I intend to recreate as soon as I am done typing this! Duncan was all up for a bath last night after dinner at mom's but Dylie's little greasey noggin had to wait for daddy in the shower this morning.
It was so fun, we really need to do the adventure thing again, I think the kids really had a blast. And sorry Aunt Jane - my mom has all the exciting pictures of tulips! I am not all about flower pictures, do I seem like I would be? Ha!
Duncan had a hard time deciding if the pellets were for him or the fish. We had to keep stopping him from eating them. I gave up and handed it all back to Abbi who was enjoying it a bit more. Duncan was fine with watching the fish from Grandpa Bob's height!

Abbi and Rae feeding the fish

They were gross fish too... reminded me of Japan when we went to the Imperial Palace and those nasty beggars were everywhere. Although, in Japan they also had turtles in the water to balance out the ugly fishedness.

Cheeeese! Abbi ended up wanting Duncan out of the picture and I have another picture of him looking at her like "Who do you think you are?"
The crowd except mom and me(and Dylie!) who were off snapping.
Gooses! Geeeses! These little guys were not afraid of people at all. There was a crowd of 20 about 5 feet from them and they really couldn't have cared less. A thoughtful honk from the mom or dad once or twice but no biggie. So cute!

Ohhhh cuuuuute.

We are going back to mom's tonight for a Barbeque, and then Jess and Steve are coming over tomorrow. Jessica got some new pan that will let you make brownies with filling. I love having friends who like to cook! I will be the test subject for any new pan, any time!
Matthew has to run down to Powell tomorrow to finish up some things on the Houseboat. He missed the 'work party' last weekend but I guess there are a couple of things left to get done so off he goes. He will leave really early in the morning to get there early, work for a few hours and then come back. Silly little houseboat. Bah! I need to try and gear up for Powell though, it's the only vacation we get!
Well - Dylan decided 5:30 was a great time to wake up and be chipper this morning so I think I am going to try and get some sleep, we shall see how it goes. Wish me luck!


2 comments:
I LOVE the pictures! And the stories about the kiddos. What a fun day!
Did the geese hiss at you at all? When it's baby time, the geese around my office (who are normally very un-timid and unbothered by us people) get all hissy. I think it's hysterical, which is probably very dumb and unsafe of me.
I really love the pictures of the kids! I just thought it was odd that the album on Facebook was called Tulip Festival, and there were NO tulips. Kids are better anyway, but tulips are beautiful. If you need a short vacation--you can always come up here. Love you!
Post a Comment