Sunday, January 4, 2009

2x the teething = 2x the fun!

So I do believe that both babies are teething now. Duncan's been a bit cranky and for the happiest kid alive, that's pretty rare. I would say, even if he is teething he's still in good spirits. I think he might be getting sick too, both of is have a nose throat thing... This means I missed the NICU this Saturday but I went on Thursday so it's all good. Duncna was up really early this morning, so hopefulyl we have a family nap time at some point today!

So starts the wedding week. The long awaited union of Michael and Megan. We have dinner on Monday night. Mom's coming over to watch the babies while we go downtown. It's the same place that LouAnn did Jared's dinner, the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and it was really nice so that should be a good night with family. Poor mom though, teething babies that are quite possibly getting a cold, no fun! The wedding is Tuesday at the downtown temple and the reception Tuesday night. The first reception... the second one is Wednesday night in Logan but I think I will be missing that one. Sending representation though, Matthew's going.

We got the kids' pictures taken on Friday, we were very brave! I think Matthew now understands why I have only done it once and I won't go by myself. The two of us chasing Duncan around the room and holding Dylan sitting up was a complete joke but she got some good ones. Better price than at Kiddie Kandids for sure... so thanks mom for that Target coupon you saved for me. They will be online in a few days I think and we pick up the ones we ordered on the 12th. that seems so long form now! I guess that's why you pay more and get worse pics at KK, you get them the same day!

The other day we went to Shannon and Tracy's for dinner. She made some Cayenne rubbed chicken with avacado salsa that was so delicious I might actually have to make it myself. It was so yummy! So I took the recipe and we will see. We went over to play that quiz game for the PS3, the one with the buzzers? It was actually quite fun... I started out surprisingly well and then went down in flames, but at least I started out well, that was better than I even expected! Speaking of Cayenne, isn't that what *someone* used to put on my thumb to try and get me to quit sucking it? (Why do you look guilty Aunt Jane?) I am over it though, seriously... not scarred at all... ...

Jessica and Steve came over last night for games and we had so much fun! Any evening starting out with Rusted Sun Pizza will be awesome, but with great friends and great games it just got better. We played Killer Bunnies which is a completely ruthless card game that they gave us for Christmas. Steve's bunnies were taking over the world until the black hole sucked some up and something like a jack hammer did the rest in. (Sorry Steve, love you!) Then we played Lost Cities which Shannon and Tracy got Matthew for Christmas and it's a really good one too. Both games were winners!

Matthew has to go back to work tomorrow. Boo! Hiss! I don't know what the kids are going to do, Duncan kind of likes him and has gotten quite used to having him around. And let's face it, the babies have him wrapped around their tiny little fingers. Duncan just follows him around the house as fast as possible. It's been a really nice little vacation but I suppose things have to return to normal at some point. *sigh*

I started a new crochet project that is quite complicated (in my inexperienced opinion) but Jessica thinks I can hack it. She picked it out, and Matthew gave me everything for it for Christmas. We will see if I can stick with it or it it ends up something other than what was planned. You'll see a picture of it comeleted in what? A year? Ha!


6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, teething is so NOT fun. Good thing they're so cute!

Anonymous said...

Shannon Jean!!! If you're mother told you I put cayenne pepper on your thumb, she told a total untruth. I may have suggested it, but she would have been the one to try it. I didn't even start buying the stuff until a couple of years ago. Love you!

Sydnie said...

Didn't they try some weird bitter-tasting thing on you too? And painting it green and trying to convince you that it was because you sucked your thumb? I would have voted to just let you do what you wanted, but nobody asked me...

Shannon said...

Awwwe thanks Wendy - I have to remind myself of that all the time! =)

And I remember the pepper! I remember fighting through it and sucking anyway! I remember whose house it was... And I was going to say Syd (who moved up on the fav cousin list...), that painting thing scarred me much more then the pepper for sure! I practically have to see a therapist.

Anonymous said...

You were probably just tasting the plant things that you and JP ate and I had to call poison control to see if they were poisonous or not. I promise you that I never put pepper on your thumb. It could have been put on before you got there. I think your mom is brainwashing you.

Shannon said...

Haha, maybe she is. She doesn't keep up with the blog or she could defend herself.

I remember that plant too, I think we were a little older though, those plants were over by the park and I think (I hope) I was done with the thumb by then.