So we went in to the Endocrinologist today and found out Dylie's small. I kid, we know she's small. She's actually lost weight compared to the last appointment which concerned the doctor until I told her how... ahem... rotund Dylan had been until she decided to eat on her own and only eat as much as she thought she needed compared to how much we thought she needed. Her weight is that of a 3 month old, and length is 5 months. She's just bitty! Course they say she weighs 12 lbs, the nurse the other week said 13 and the Ped's office said right smack in the middle. We will find out yet another weight tomorrow when they get their weight for Synagis.
Anyway... we have decided to give Dylan growth hormones since it appears as if she's not producing them herself. This is a very odd thing to have to think about you know? See, Dylie will not ever be like a 'normal' functioning child, so should we keep her little? Or help her grow big? It's so weird because right now, we don't know if we will have to carry her around, or lift her for the rest of her life (although we hope not and things definitely look like she will be mobile at some point) and if that's the case, well... she can't get bigger than me or we are in trouble! However... our Pediatrician (who is awesome) was talking about growth hormones having an impact on so many other things that we don't want to hold her back.
So, ultimately, at least right now... we are going to give her a little bit of growth hormone. Enough to help her body make more muscle and less fat but not so much as to help her grow big. Just this lttle bit will hopefully help her learn to do physical things a bit faster. So this means once a day shots. More on this in a month when all of the insurance stuff has been worked out.
I guess the good news is we got to visit with "Aunt" Trina. We have landed on "Aunt" because the more accurate second-cousin, cousin, or actually even nurse Trina don't roll of the toungue as easily as Aunt so that's what she is now.
And, on the way home Matthew and I had a great discussion about food storage since we have really been bulking up lately. He said the hard part is... and I cut him off because I know where he's going with this... the hard part is all of our friends and family that don't have food storage right? I know a lot of you probably struggle with this too. Well, ultimately he decided that we would pack up and all move to Kristen and Gary's and drink their swimming pool. Which I found hilarious and kind of disgusting but I guess some sort of solution. So now you know where to find us all should something happen.
Speaking of Synagis, I am tackling that appointment on my own tomorrow so feel bad for the lady with the huge stroller wheeling out the two screaming children around about 2:30 tomorrow afternoon, mkay?
1 comment:
Shannon-I am free tomorrow around 2:30 if you want to drop off Duncan. I don't have to be anywhere until 4:00.
Let me know if that will work or if you think it would traumatize Duncan begin with a "strange" lady.
W
Post a Comment