I thought I was doing so well with the blog and then I realized that I had written this post and not published it so now I have to update it! Yipes! Still no pics, ugh! I know! They are coming! (I hope!)
We did it! We moved Asher to the big boy bed and he did fantastic. He got out of bed only one single time and I was watching in the video monitor. I told him not to get out and he popped out so I ran as fast as I could up the stairs and opened his door and his arms flung out and he screamed. I startled him! Needless to say that was it. He stayed in bed all night and has really only gotten out of bed one other time. He gets as far as the closed door and flips his lid. I have to open it a little at night and during naps so he can walk out on his own or he loses his lid. He also seems to think getting up really early is a GREAT idea, I disagree. What is it with my early bird kids?
The crib goes back to Eden! Back to a one crib house! One and a half anyway, considering Dylan's is a modified crib! She will be out of that soon enough.
Ian got the twin and he thinks it's pretty awesome. Upgrade! He is back to taking people up to his room to show them his big boy bed. First it was the green room itself he was so excited about and now everyone has to go tour it again to see the bed!
The other night little Eden was over and I "Simon Says" told them to do summer saults and the boys all started rolling around over and over. Except Asher who was watching and laughing. He has done them but he often gets it wrong and ends up flinging himself on the floor backwards. Eden wouldn't do one, she said she didn't know how... So I told her, on her knees, head on the floor by her knees and flip her bum over and she did it. At which time Asher stood up on a cube chair and yelled "Yay! You did it!" and started clapping excitedly. We all started laughing at him, which made him smile and clap more.
I have actually parked my car in the garage for two weeks, baby steps! The garage is still a madhouse, but Matthew started by putting the stuff is in pockets of where it goes in storage on shelves up on the ceiling. He has been hanging shelves at night all week to try and clear things out. I bet he only needs a few more hours in there and it will be good to go. The office/hobby room is a mess! It should go quickly once he gets to it but he had to go out of town and then the focus has been getting the cars in the garage.
Eden and LouAnn came over while Matthew was gone to help me put some more stuff away and organize and pick up the room where all the toys landed (until a boy lands there of course!) and it looks fantastic! I swear, give Eden and hour and you will be amazed at what she can do. They just came in and got the job done. What a relief!
We are out of the other house for good but we were there up until the last night! Even if it was just the motor cycle remaining! Melissa came to help me do a final once over cleaning and then Matthew went back over to write little notes on everything to let them how how to reset codes and things.
The morning that it was supposed to be the new neighbors Wendy took down the sale pending sign so they could pick up the big sign and not only did I get a couple calls from neighbors to make sure everything was okay but Wendy got three to see if it was for sale! I told the neighbors to watch for the new owners who we had given permission to move in early, prior to it funding and recording. In fact, the guy called me when they were on their way to thank me, he sounded very nice. Later that day he text Matthew to thank him for the notes and for taking such good care of the house. Cute.
The dad/guy/man got up and talked in church this week but wouldn't you know it? That was in the ten minutes I had slipped out to feed Greyson! Of course! So they are still names and not faces but Duncan said the little girl is in his class which is... AWESOME. A new friend, four houses away. I hope they are normal...
Greyson had a couple of very bothersome ears. He had a horrible horrible night and I called Trina on a daddy hunch to have her take a look. He had just gotten of amoxicillin for the eye thing... But apparently he needed something a little more? Thank goodness we caught her, she left for Mexico the next morning! Phew! He seems to be doing great now but I have a hunch he is teething because he is hands in mouth constantly and drooling like crazy.
Speaking of teeth, Dylan is getting a big girl tooth in that little hole left from her mini tooth. It's pretty cute even though I am dreading that second one escaping! Ewwwe!
Greyson has now had carrots, apples, peaches and baby mixed grains. He loves eating! I have to make time to feed him solids since he likes them so much!
Asher says so much! At his appointment I was asked if he was putting words together and I swear, the week after the questions are asked my kids bust out. He says: Let's go, over there, you did it!, I did it!. Because everyone loves hearing about his antics, he pulled out the bin of duplo box and dove in... DOVE in! Then sat there and smiled! He also took every single pair of leggings and pants Dylan owns and strewn them about Dylan's room. They were hanging off her bed, off shelves.... Everywhere! My word!
Matthew finally gave in to his persistent whining for Dylan's food and opened one and dumped it right into a sippy cup and handed it over. He did not let go of it until he had emptied it! Drank the entire thing! Can we get a collective "ewwwwwwe!" Here? Matthew turned to me and told him that he wouldn't be needing much to eat seeing as how he just drank his lunch!
I put Ian in his Spider-Man jammies and I said "come here Spider-Man!" And he said "I not Spider-Man! I Ian-boy!" He is really into the song that was last month's Primary song and it's so cute when he finishes the line "boo boo skyyyyyy". Grandma LouAnn printed him little flash cards so we can play and sing it.
Hoping to have pictures next time I post! Yesterday we took the first one here of all the kids on the couch together and, while Dylan did not cooperate (as is her style) I think we got one that will work. I hope!
Oh yea... and It's my birthday! What? It's my birthday! Holla!
No comments:
Post a Comment