I had a great birthday! I was spoiled by everyone. Love love love. And I am looking forward to a few hours at the spa which is Matthew's new go-to gift. works for me. It's time!
A couple of weeks ago I started to notice that Duncan had some dry dry skin. He started to complain about his bum and a few other spots. It was bad! So I lotioned him up well at night and tried to keep on top of it. Until he woke up with hives all over his face! Hives! I washed all of his sheets and everything so I am not sure what the deal was... No new foods, no changes, hives! On his face! I gave him Benadryl but it didn't help so I went ahead and took him in to Dr Ped. It was a new Ped in the office, I liked him, well... Other than he got paid a lot to tell me a whole lot of nothing! No clue why, get some good lotion and Hydrocortisone, the hives will eventually go away. From talking to others the hives might be his body reacting to such a bad eczema outbreak (it was bad!) and really, as soon as we got that under control the hives went right away. How strange!
We had a Saturday adventure and we went out to eat and to a museum with Shannon and Tracy. I could not believe how well behaved the kids were for lunch. It was quiet, they were good and polite, they ate... It was crazy! So good Matthew and I were analyzing the situation and ultimately came up with that it was lunch and not dinner. Just the end of the day meal is a bit harder on them? More antsy? Really, if they were that good all the time we could go out to eat as a family once and a while but I am not ready to push my luck yet!
We then headed up to the museum display where we were greeted and promptly told that there were no strollers allowed on the display floor. Well hmmm... We could carry Dylan and Asher and Greyson or we could sit with the stroller and go in shifts. Then Shannon pointed out that Dylan should be granted permission because of the special needs issue. Oh phew! Excellent point! So we did get permission for the stroller which was honestly, miserable to navigate in there anyway. I am not in there very long before I heard two men, disgruntled because they were told to park their stroller, mumble to each other about us having a stroller in there. I snapped at him "Umm, SHE is special needs?!" And they looked like deer in headlights. I tried to give them the stink eye the whole rest of the time but they wouldn't look at me. Haha!
Seriously though! If they want a special needs child just for the awesomeness of taking a stroller in somewhere it shouldn't go? More power to them... Trust me, there are better reasons! (PS. We "get" to park in handicap spaces too!)
I missed the mark on Wacky Wednesday for the kid's preschool. They were supposed to wear something mismatched or backwards and I hadn't even switched my calendar to March yet! (And had yet to hunt down the March calendar even!) I was in a little bit of trouble from Duncan... Whoops! Betting that wont be the last time that happens! Sorry in advance kiddos!
The other night I fed Greyson a new food and some cereal and he was eating it up! He loved it. He ate quite a bit! Then I sent him off to sleep and he woke up very sad. I went in to get him and he had thrown up everywhere... It was SO MUCH, all over. I felt bad because it was all over in a manner that he probably even choked a little. Scary! I scoop him up and he proceeds to vomit, pretty violently over my shoulder on to the tile in the bathroom... I don't think I have ever had a child throw up so much, so forcefully. I stripped him down on a towel, he was super pale and he just kept gagging. Poor baby! This was crazy! So I tossed him in my wrap where he gagged and whimpered and slept for a couple of hours.
I was supposed to go pick up Matthew from the airport but I didn't want to stick him in a carseat for that long so I called my pitch hitters. LouAnn had offered and said that she would put Melissa's girls to bed and send Melissa. Meanwhile, wouldn't you know it, Dylan had an awesome blow out and this mama changed her clothes, cleaned her up, cathed her and did wher whole bedtime routine (again) with Greyson in the wrap (whimpering). Wow, not fun... Would not recommend it, but you do what you have to do.
Melissa came in after Matthew and told me this story about how MaKell cannot have sweet potatoes. She had tried it as a first food and had a violent reaction. No more sweet potatoes! Except then Melissa had sweet potato fries and nursed her and the same thing happened. Her Ped said it was a crazy reaction since an allergy to sweet potatoes would mean and allergy to many other things that she hadn't had a reaction with. Just some fluke thing!
Well, wouldn't you know it... Guess which first food Greyson had? Yup! sweet potatoes!
So after a couple hours of lots of sadness and gagging he wanted to nurse and he nursed like a champ and had a night of normal sleeping like nothing ever happened. Fine in the morning! Long story... now very long (Matt-ism!) no more sweet potatoes for Greyson! Melissa said she always knew he belonged to her!
Yes, you read right in that long story... Matthew was out of town again! I normally have help from Eden but she was tied up all week so I did it solo. Now I need that massage and pampering Matthew gave me for my birthday!
One of the days Matthew was gone Bridger came over to play with Duncan - It worked out perfectly because Eden had parent teacher conferences that afternoon and I told her she should leave Lanie too. (What's another one right?) Lanie is just pure entertainment anyway, she has the funnest personality and because she is Asher's age, only speaking, she says the cutest things! When she talks I can totally hear those thoughts cross Asher's mind so it's really fun. She did turf it into a chair though and got a pretty decent ouchie by her eye. Poor girl. Hopefully she can be trusted with me again because it was super fun!
Meanwhile, in other news, I am a Great Aunt... officially... Paige had her baby Hazel a little over a week ago and she is such a cutie! Just speaking in terms of pictures, we haven't met her yet. Paige seems like a six weeks kind of mom and I don't travel alone very often! So it might be a little while before we meet. Paige has been touching base with me on some nursing questions... I am not sure why she thinks I know a lot about it, hmmm...? Any time I can help I am happy too, I am glad she feels comfortable calling her Aunt the human cow.
Kiko and Meggie are in town but we haven't seen them yet because Owen isn't feeling well and well... we are. So please. Sorry... we love you... but we can wait a couple of days! I am sure we will see them tonight at Ami's!
Matthew has the big boys at church (it was his turn...) and I keep having to stop typing this because Asher keeps tackling Dylan. He is laying her flat out on the ground trying to play and she is not a fan. Poor girl. Boys, boys and more boys. Off to save Dylan!
1 comment:
Yay! A shout-out on the blog! And I feel terrible that I called you with one of my BF questions at the worst possible moment- right as Greyson threw up.... Seriously I don't know how you do it. You are superwoman!
Post a Comment