She gets around pretty good already so she just likes to sit up, scan the room for the next target and then go down and go for it. It's darling! She's not in one place very long though so it was kind of hard to get it on video. I did it though, it's so cute! She just keeps getting faster and faster. When I put her in her crib last night she popped right up... I had to lay her back down and remind her it was time to go to bed, not play!
Object #1, Sorry about the background noises... we had company!
And Object #2! I thought she was going to fall over so I stopped this short, I was just so excited to have captured the whole thing! Sure enough though, she just kept on playing!
As for other news... Dylie got her own room yesterday! Uncle Brandon came over on Saturday to help get the Interwebz all set up downstairs so we could move the office. For the last few months Dylan's cribs been set up in the office (this when her tlaking in her sleep got a wee bit too much for mom to handle). All the clothes, diapers and toys were in Duncan's room. Well, that got a wee bit cramped. And a it only took a quick trip to Aunt Jill's to know that Duncan's outgrown a lot of his toys, he was big cars and trucks! Dylie still likes rattles so... time to seperate and make more room! I am excited to get her cute little room done and ready too. It will make Duncan's room so much less clutterful! Nesting already! Good thing they nap at the same time and I can get my blogging done! (Very important!)
I was downstairs getting paper for our scrapbook night on Friday (woot!)and I heard Duncan crying. It was an odd cry, sad... really sad... so I went up and there he was, on the kitchen floor, surrounded by candy with a bunch in his mouth. He is tall enough to reach in the drawer and I usually have everything scooted to the middle so he can't pull it out, but for some reason, he was able to get a box (I blame Michael). Anyway... there he was, just sooo sad with a mouth full of candy, drooling red and purple goo everywhere. Down his shirt, on the floor. I think I figured out the cry though it was the "Oh this is soooo gooood... but I am going to be in sooooo much trouble!" cry. So cute. He got all that candy and couldn't even enjoy it because he was worried! You'd think I beat him or something!
Duncan also learned how to play fetch with Mushi. Mushi hasn't quite learned that he should drop the ball by Duncan yet, so he kepts bringing it back to me even though Duncan was the only one throwing it. It was so cute. Duncan would come get the ball from me and go running off, hand in the air, sometimes he would just forget to let go though and he would run all the way down the hallway with Mushi there in tow.

Duncan's new shadow... He likes teasing Mushi too, sometimes he will go hide behind the quilt rack with the ball and then POP out. Thinking it's so funny that Mushi is stalking him!

We went to the Cabin last night and Duncan had loads of fun running around outside getting dirty. He tried his first ever s'more too... as a whole (thanks to grandma) and in the individual pieces (thanks to Uncle Michael who was looking away at just the right time. You'll see...) It was nice up there. It was sprinkling a little off and on but it was dry for the most part and it certainly wasn't nearly as hot as it was in the valley. You'll be happy to hear that Duncan didn't run off in the woods or fall into the river, in fact, aside from being filthy and smoke filled, there were no incidences to report.
Daddy helping Duncan walk on the benches that surround the fire

Discovering fire, and frankly, not being too interested in it. Course, I have a brother, oh how I know this will change. We will chat about fire again when he's melting his Star Wars figurines because they got in a "fight."

Sitting on the thrown. A few years ago the tree behind this one got hit by lightening, falling into this one and breaking it in half (also breaking the porch in half...). While the boys were up cutting up the logs, someone (Uncle Gary?) got a little crazy with the chain saw and carved this thrown. It's only about 5 feet off the groung on the back but it's next to a hole so the front's VERY tall. Duncan felt so big!

Strike a pose...

Going to cross the river on a log. Not sure how happy I am that Duncan's discovered crossing the river is an option. Thankfully he didn't like it too much and mid way through the turned around with their eye on dry land.

Dylie's in chillin' with Aunt Melissa.

Dylie eating uncle Michael's FACE! That's what happens when you look a little too much like daddy...
The video is even better...
Hey, that was pretty good! More please!
This is what happens when Uncles are left in charge...
But wait, what's that? Chocolate?
YUP! Good thing mom was watching from a distance!
Dylie has two big appointments this week. She has a short EEG early early Wednesday morning. They need to be sleep deprived so they want her to go to bed 2 hours later and get up 2 hours early! Dylan turns into a rock when she's sleepy and really wants to go down so keeping her up will be interesting! The other appointment is her Spina Bifida Clinic on Friday.
Whew! That was a long one!






2 comments:
So so cute!!
Shannon, I am soooooo glad you posted on facebook. I have wanted to see your blog for a long time. I finally found you! Congrats to cute Dylie (sp???)! That is great! My blog is http://www.mbox-of-chocolates.blogspot.com in case you're interested.
Monica =)
Post a Comment