Thursday, July 9, 2009

Daddy's home!

Matthew got back from his world travels Tuesday evening. Thankfully, this time he's home for more than 12 hours, unlike the last time we saw him. 12 days, also a yes! But... don't go as far as 12 weeks. He is set to go back to Leeds in August. Boo! Can't complain too much though, what he does allows me to stay home with these guys and I am greatful for that! I guess it wouldn't be as bad if he wasn't so helpful here!

His birthday was on the 6th and he was out of the country. When his friend Tracy called at 10:30 to wish him a good one, being glad he made it under the wire, I had to break the news to him that it was no longer the 6th where Matthew was so I wasn't sure it counted! We had Cake and ice cream at mom's last night for both Bob and Matthew's birthday.

I am trying to teach Duncan food words since he has this little communication issue and he thinks running to the pantry door, reaching for the knob and yelling at me is an appropriate way to let me know he's hungry. It's so not. So the other day I said say "Cracker" and he did! Yup... "cra... ker" clear as day. It was so cute. Then yesterday is was cheese "shhheeeeece!" or something to that effect. And awesome too... Matthew was walking through Coscto with us last night trying to get Duncan to say his two new words and Duncan flat out was ignoring him. so I said "Say cheese!" and he said "sheeeese!" Same with cracker, ahhhh... mama's boy! Matthew was NOT impressed!

We are getting ready to go swimming at Aunt Kristen's pool this afternoon. It's been quite a while since we have gone, hopefully it will go well. I plan to have Dylie play in the pack and play in the shade.

That's about all the excitement for this week. Oh... Duncan got a fruit snack stuck in his hair. And I do mean stuck. Then, when I was trying to get it out, he kept crying and giving me dirty looks, like it was *my* fault! I don't think so! Ahhhh, being mom!

I found out this week that Duncan likes cream cheese on crackers. To which Aunt Jill said "Well of course he does! That's like the best treat in the world!" I think she might be right!

This was the night Matthew got home, she fell asleep on him. I am not exactly sure why... she slept terribly that night, must have been gald to have him home!


Waiting for mom to give him a spin! (I think this was his post cream cheese outfit!)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It's always better when Dad's home! (Just ask my kids!)
Cute post and don't feel to out of the loop about our Wii game, it was only released on June 24th...