I guess Matthew had to keep singing to her and everything to get her to keep her eyes open. He said she wanted to go to bed so badly, her eyes were just little slits when it hit bed time. I don't even know how he did it so major kudos to him. When I got her up in the morning she didn't want to wake up but once she did it was morning as usual.
She started talking very loudly about 15 minutes from the hospital which is usually a good indication that she's about to pass out. Sure enough, 5 minutes from the hospital she started to lose it. She wanted her binki... which we were withholding. She cried and cried with her eyes closed as we went in and until the nurse took us back. The nurse said "Dylan?" Then, "I had a feeling that was you!" Since they only see really super tired kids, most of the little ones are probably crying!
She cried the whole time the nurse was putting those things on her head. They scrub the spots with some sort of blue stuff, then tape the little nodes on. Dylan's wrigling and crying and they are popping off but it wasn't anything the nurse wasn't used to since she got them on pretty fast and the wrapped Dylan's head in the turban that will keep them on. As the nurse was finishing up she was asking if Dylan would need to eat or be snuggled to fall asleep (this over Dylan's yells) and we informed her that we would just need to quit touching her and she would fall asleep. "Really?" Oh yea... and sure enough... that's what happened, I think she was out before the program was turned on to record!
They recorded the brain activity for 30 minutes and then turn the lights off and do a strobe light in front of Dylan's face. And I do mean in front, it was about 3 inches from it. I guess trying to get her to kind of wake up a little and maybe get some sort of abnormal response. Rumor has it the most common times to have seizures is in that very first and last stage of sleep... so I think they try to keep them in that stage.
As soon as they flipped the bright overhead lights on Dylan rolled to her side... and that's where she wanted to stay. But alas... it wasn't to be, because we were done. It was probably one of the fastest appointments we have ever had at Primary!

There are 25 things that needed to be taped to just the right spot on her head.

So much for that clean hair. Look how pitiful she looks, poor girl just wanted to sleep! Matthew thought this was sooo funny.

Crashed out on the bed trying to make up for lost sleepy time.

Still crazy hair... they washed it with a warm rag, but it's not the same as the tub. We took a bath later!

We don't know how it went, we should hear back from a doctor today but if not, we do see a Neuro tomorrow at the Spina Bifida Clinic so we will get the results then. In fact, they may just wait for that appointment to talk to us. We know that something is going on... so we are hopeful that they got what they needed with this short test and she doesn't have to do an overnight or 24 hour stay. That would be terrible! So keep your fingers crossed for us!
Tomorrow she has a Renal Ultrasound in the morning, so let's also hope that her kidneys are just as "cute" as they were the last time the doctor looked at them! They keep a close eye on them because her missing chromosome plays a critical role in the waterworks factory as well. It's more preventative than anything at this point. Then off to the Spina Bifida Clinic where we will see a whole bunch of specialists!
It's supposed to get to 98 degrees today so we are planning on swimming this afternoon.
5 comments:
She is such a cute little bug!!What an ordeal.
Poor baby. I'm sorry but the hair picture made me laugh, looks like Gary Busey's mug shot.
As my Grandma Hope has said, "Blessings on you!" And on the Pickle. She does look insanely adorable, even with crazy hair and crazy stuff all stuck to her little head! What a sweetheart. I'll be praying for great results, and sending lots of love!!
We'll be praying for her and you guys. She is so cute!!
That EEG paste is the 8th wonder of the world I swear, I could never get it out of Jacob's hair :) I hope they find out some things that will help life not complicate it further, we love you guys...good luck!
Post a Comment