On Wednesday the D's preschool went to the children's museum on a field trip. Shelley asked me if I was going and I automatically said no, thinking there was no way, but... I talked to Matthew about maybe him going, he is on the board for the museum and I wondered if he wanted to go to see what all the kids did there, what they thought of the exhibits. Turns out he couldn't but he had calls he could take from home so I could go (the little usually just sleep anyway...) So yay!
Uhm, yay?
What was I thinking, it was ehausting!!
We rode the bus which Duncan thought was super cool. Not just Duncan, Dylan! Shelley was really concerned about her on the bus. I was good holding her but Shelley had been pushing to have Debi drive a separate car with a car seat. I swear, sometimes Shelley is more of an advocate for Dylan than I am! So funny! I figured she would be fine, when have briefly hopped on the back seat and faced her when the car is moving she has laughed hysterically. (I remember when we had to keep her up before the EEG, good times.)
So she sat on my lap, facing me with her back against the seat in front of us. The first 5 minutes or so was hilarious! She was so funny! I really have never seen her smile so big! The women in the seat next to us (teachers of the other class) were laughing at her. It was pretty funny. We would stop at a light and start going again and the excitement would start all over.
Dylan rode in the stroller most of the trip, but Shelley did feel bad for her and came to get her to play with her for a while. Duncan was just moving too fast and there were too many kids, two other buses pulled up after ours! It was crazy! I realized that I played it all wrong, next field trip... Totally sending Matthew!!
Asher had a huge week, huge! he seems so much more interactive and funny! It happened so fast! He army crawls with one arm and leg, rather than both so as to have his right hand always reaching for what he wants. He always goes missing, making his way back to the kids rooms (fast!) by scooting down the hallway. His bottom two teeth are a little crooked (like Ian!) and he has started grinding them! It's terrible! He scrunches his mouth like he's getting more teeth but he's just working on positioning, I hate it! I will it pass soon, but eeeek! He will crawl soon too, he's already up on his hands and knees rocking. He is so fun!
Unfortunately updates with some if the other kids aren't so great... Dylan starred having seizures again, boo. I noticed last Thursday morning and called the Dr. neuro nurse and she returned my call after all of 15 minutes. I love her. So we upped her meds and we will see. I actually saw them again Tuesday morning, but I am going to give it a little while longer. She is a little wacky wheher meds aren't working so she's had a little bit of a rough week. Matthew's in denial of course. Cute dad.
Other than that it's good though. She's walking all over the house and did remarkable being led by the hand on the field trip. She's doing great there. For us it'a fun to manage since she now knows how to open the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen as well as reach up and grab anything that's within 5 inches from the edge of the counter. Yay us! (What have we done?!) she has a huge blister on her finger right now and I have no idea where she got it. It's so sad... We watch her so closely we have no idea what she may have touched. Pan, curling iron? Who knows?
I was talking to Tracy's sister Liberty, who's son has DS and is in Dylan's class and she was saying he pulled over the step stool when he husband was supposed to be watching him and filled up both sides of the sink and flooded the kitchen! These kids are too smart for their own good! They can do a lot of what they want to do but cannot process what the consequences might be. So funny, have to keep an eye on them!
I don't think Ian got over his hot ear. He was a mess in Sunday, crying and throwing down constantly. Up all night. So I took him in to see Dr. Ped and sure enough his right ear was all red, more red than it should have been after completing a round of antibiotics, so he put him on another one. After 48 hours Wednesday was a little better, but still... Sheesh. He is insane! Wants to be held until you hold him and then wants down. Wants something to eat and then wants something else over and over. I have been keeping him drugged up and we are just hoping he's not in too much pain. Love that kid, he's so freaking adorable even when he's a complete hot mess.
It snowed several inches the other day and Duncan's first words when he saw it "mom!! It snowed! There's snow! Let's get on our snow clothes and go outside!" at seven in the morning Duncan, no. No no no. And brrr anyway! I brought the kids in a bowl of snow and they liked it but it wasn't enough so I got Duncan decked out head to toe and he went out to play for a while. It was awesome. He loved it.
He is doing so well, such a good boy. He makes me so proud. I just love watching him learn, he picks up on things so quickly!

She has this new coy smile, she tilts her head, looks at you and grins. It's adorable.

First big snow of the season!

And a few more pics because I love pictures in the snow!



I love this... why do I see this exact picture happending every year for the next 18 years? (add a few more in between though! Ha!)
1 comment:
Love that last one of the boys on the couch! Only in a few years time they'll all be holding gaming remotes in their hands!
Post a Comment