Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is it over? It is?

Wow, a full week with no posts! I haven't felt like doing much of anything except cleaning! Cleaning, purging, tossing, donating, reorganizing... whatever you want to call it. I got on a roll on Monday. It doesn't look like I did too much of anything though since inside drawers, closets and cabinets was where I was. Kids rooms too, so it's not like it's terribly rewarding!

We have too many TOYS! (Shocker, I know...) And since having a lot of toys isn't good justification for a new house we had to donate donate donate! Bags and bags. New, old, hand me downs... all of the above. Make room.

Tuesday I was completely spoiled because Matthew let me sleep in until 11:30! (!!) I think I really could have slept all day because I just kept waking up and falling back asleep, so tired. But when Ian went down I knew it was time to really get serious about waking up! Then I played for a while, games... avoided laundry and then girls night out with the sister in laws, dinner and a movie. SPOILED. Matthew really did pretty much everything on this day. I am a lucky lucky gal!

Christmas was great. We went over to my mom's Christmas Eve to meet Beth's husband's parents who came all the way here from South Carolina. We had yummy food, good company and Dylan wasn't (isn't) feeling well so when Matthew got her to sleep on the couch we left her there and she set our schedule. We were there later than we expected but hardly noticed.

After we ran to Matthew's mom's house to say hi to that side of the family and stayed there later than we expected as well! We were just having too much fun with family all night and couldn't leave either house that easily.

When we came home it was late late and we still had lots of wrapping and putting together to do before Santa could officially come, I didn't get to bed until after 1:00 and Matthew was much later since he hadn't wrapped any of my presents yet!

Christmas morning I was able to hold Duncan off a little before he realized Santa actually came, gave a little chance for daddy to wake up. Duncan didn't fully understand Santa this year. I bet he would have gotten it in a few months. He didn't even get it enough for me to fully use the whole "Be nice or Santa won't bring you any presents" leverage that parents have for a short few weeks a year. Oh well, he's pretty nice as is so...

That said, when he got it? He GOT it! He helped EVERYONE open presents! "MORE presents!"

Then grandma and grandpa came over with breakfast and what? Presents! Big ones too...

Dylan got the big winner present, a personal trampoline with a handle to jump REALLY high (or jump at all, whichever applies!). When my mom asked her what she needed for Christmas I told her to search for special needs and choose something. She did, and it's AWESOME. Though I do think Dylan's a wee bit too short for it. Duncan loves it! He jumps and jumps and jumps. She will get there.

Dylan initially missed the action because she slept in all morning. We decided it was probably best and we shouldn't hold off Duncan because she's been feeling so poorly. The princess emerged around 10:30 or so.

I mentioned Dylan's present specifically, but we ALL got super spoiled again this year. It's just incredible, appreciating our many blessings here.

So cool right? Not necessarily - This is how Santa learned that all those different paths don't really matter much yet. As long as there's a closed loop it's all good!

The beginning of the end

Christmas Eve, grandpa was teaching Ian how to hammer

Christmas Eve, I was trying to get a good picture of Ian's first steps. (Notice all the EAGER girls reaching out, they didn't let him get many steps in.)

Christmas morning - Just the boys.

Duncan got a cool work bench from grandpa and grandma!

Ian wanted in on the action.

Serious business

This is Dylan's toy - BEST TOY EVER

After jumping for a while he said "I tired..." And layed right down. (But not for long!)

Dylan finally emerged as a beautiful butterfly.

She loves he new FP Music table (as opposed to her old FP music table that's just moved in to the bedroom.)

She loved it. She has this thing where when she sees something she likes she looks back and forth from it to you, like "Do you see this?!"

Just cuteness

Later Christmas day at grandmas. Matthew was trying to capture the craziness but I don't think it worked well, you can't see a dozen (or more) people in this picture!

No comments: