We started with present opening and he had a great time. Maybe not as much fun as Duncan, who's STILL enjoying all the presents, but a great time nonetheless. I think Duncan's still having a hard time comprehending that the new toys aren't his! But we have very few things that aren't community items anyway so, it is what it is, as long as everyone shares!
Then we moved on to the cake. he delicately picked of a little bite after a little bite and finally ended up pretty covered! I think his hands were heavy and sticking together so toward the end he would do his open and shut hand wave and frosting would fling to the floor! Oh, and at one point I had to wipe his nose because I notice both nostrils were close to being 100% closed with frosting... Ewwe!
Also worth noting (but not worth a picture) Ian's poo has been green for two days now. I have a witness. I am convinced that we have a little leprechaun on our hands!
I went to Ian's well child check on Friday to see how my little guy's been growing... er... not growing... and he's a little one! At his 9 month appointment he was in the 12-13 percentile in height and now he's in the 10th! He's still under 20 pounds!
On Sunday we all went to see grandma LouAnn play violin in the community Symphony's Christmas concert. In the words of my (honest) sister in law "Wow, that seems so unlike you and your three kids!" NICE. It's not really something we would have normally done but I think everyone here's learned that we will do pretty much anything for Dylan and I wanted to see how she would do at a symphony! Bonus that there would be LOTS of sisterly help and that Grandma LouAnn was in it!
It far exceeded my expectations.
As soon as the music started she got a HUGE smile on her face! She looked at her dad and then at the stage, and back and forth. Like "do you hear that dad? Isn't it wonderful?!" Her response to the music brought tears to her dad's eyes (and then to mine, because who could watch her respond like that and his reaction without tearing up a little?). Don't tell him I saw though. She sat transfixed for the first several songs. She loved when things got really loud and and the symbols! It was pretty incredible.
I owe a huge thanks to all of the family for managing Duncan (who wasn't in to it... at all) and Ian (who's, you know, one...) while we enjoyed watching Dylan enjoy herself. It was a team effort and I wasn't even on the team!
Tomorrow morning we go for Dylan's EEG. Good times!
Daddy gets a taste...

Ian' gets a taste... the cute picture of him pointing at the cake for more was cut off! He pointed like "Yumm! More please!"
Cute Jungle Buddies cakes. I love the smash cake, they did it in the theme.

What's this?!

Lots of helpers! Can you see how excited Duncan is?!

It doesn't look like he was having as much fun as he really was.

Tildy singing along with the sing-a-ma-jig. There were some super cute pictures of Matilda on the camera but they didn't work out!

Ian' gets a taste... the cute picture of him pointing at the cake for more was cut off! He pointed like "Yumm! More please!"

Cute Jungle Buddies cakes. I love the smash cake, they did it in the theme.

What's this?!

Lots of helpers! Can you see how excited Duncan is?!

It doesn't look like he was having as much fun as he really was.

Tildy singing along with the sing-a-ma-jig. There were some super cute pictures of Matilda on the camera but they didn't work out!















No comments:
Post a Comment