Paula says the medication is what makes them irratable, not the spasms, but Dylan's not really been the same little person so I still blame IS. I will stick to it. I was hoping to get her on the meds, and hopefully stop them sooner than later since it does change her personality. A little bummed about having to wait. School's the main concern for me, as silly as it sounds, you know you are nicer to a charming child than you are to an irritable one... I need her back to charming so people can fall in love with her. I am just afraid she wasn't in school long enough before the grumpiness started.
And we wait. We wouldn't have been able to start this week anyway... You're not really supposed to start when anyone in the house is already sick. The goal would be to avoid illness right?
Matthew was out of town this week and what a week to be out of town!! We had some serious sickness around these parts and I think I have come to conclusion that it was probably the Rhinovirus. A friend mentioned it and then I looked in to it an too many things line up... Adults don't get it though, which means I am off the hook (yay!) but symptoms can last from 3 to 9 (!!) days!! So, major pukers with Ian Tues and Wed and Duncan Wed and Thurs. Now they (and Dylan) have the 'rhea. Good times.
I slept in Duncan's bed on Wednesday night and at the slightest cough I sat straight up, yanked the poor guy upright and stuck his head in a bucket. Poor kid. Poor mom. All in an effort to avoid the initial mess, "Waaaaaahhhh... I made a meeeeesssss!" And what a mess it was!! OUr first with Duncan!
Not a good week to be on single parent duty but almost all was forgiven when Matthew let me sleep in until 11 today. I think I could have slept all day!
See - good reason to take the week off from blogging right? Things would be easier if I could blog from the iPad but I can't scroll in windows and it would mean even more typos (as if...).
While Matthew was gone my niece Eden as well as Michael and Megan came over in the evenings to help. Eden's quite handy, she's like my little errand girl! I had her decorate the Christmas tree, pick up... she lectured me about reading my three month old magazines so we could toss them. All fun. She's the best hired help EVER.
I mentioned her first job, decorating the Christmas tree and even Matthew said she did a really solid job. She helped me take all the Chirstmas bins back out to the garage for storing until after Christmas. Next week she plans to watch the kids while I wrap all the Christmas presents that are sitting in the Christmas staging area (our front room) it's a mess in there! I can't help myself, shipping notices are like crack when you get started!
Yesterday I crocheted a hat for Michael - He asked for one last year when Duncan got his from Jessica but I never did get around to making it so I was on a mission this year. Jess brought me the pattern and I whipped one out. The only picture I took was on my cel phone though so I could send it Michael - Duncan's my model... I also got the two crocheted blankets done and shipped off to California but I forgot to take pictures. They were pretty cute too... oh well. I think they will be well loved!
Kiko's hat - He had me extrend the sides so the pom-poms were right at chin level. The yarns really pretty too, you can't tell from this picture but it's kind of blue with brown and grey. Nice and warm!

The real tree...

Ian loved it, he just kept talking to it... since then he's pretty much left it alone though.

Duncan was proud of he and daddy's handy work on the lights!

My sick boy watching train videos on YouTube.

Our ornaments this year. Duncan was HOOKED on that train! I don't know anyone under the age of 50 that chooses to put that kind of ornament on their tree... other than us now I suppose. I tried to show him other ones but this was the one he wanted. I am sure he will be happy about that choice when we are packing them up for him to put on his very own Christmas tree!
1 comment:
Oh, so sorry about the puking!
I love you ornaments. We do the same for our kids (but I pick them out on clearance AFTER Christmas for the next year!) Kambree asked if she could take her's to college and I said NO. I'm not ready to have her ornaments not on our tree! I told her when she gets married!
If I don't see you before or comment again (I always read but don't always comment!) Have a very Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment