Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not much... at least we aren't still sick!

Saturday we went to Swiss Days with Michael and Megan and it was CRAZY! Tons and tons of people but for me that was part of the fun so I didn't mind so much. I probably would have liked to look closer at the booths of things but it was just too hard with two strollers! There was some serious Christmas gift potential happening that we probably missed out on but it's all good.

Matthew got us a lot of cotton candy to munch on and my bad, I did not get a picture of Duncan before I wiped it off! I totally should have! I cannot believe that one little person could get that much pink on his face and hands!! It didn't help that the cotton candy was a nice dark hot pink!

Speaking of that little monster he has been so TAME the last couple of weeks. (Knocking on wood here) such a good boy! I really think it has a lot to do with him being able to communicate what he wants and/or needs without confusion. He can now basically say anything, and pretty much understand it all... and so do all of his cousins. As a result I think he's less frustrated and more able to play with who and what he wants so he doesn't run around getting in to things. He's been staying with the group of kids more (which I know is a developmental thing...) and actually playing. We went to Jill's for a little hair make-over the other day and on the way he said "I see Noah, play trains?" Yep, you're going to play trains with Noah.

Meanwhile Dylan had her AFOs on at Jill's house and was standing up EVERYwhere! Even the stove! This is more difficult because there was nothing to give her leverage to stand, it's flat... and there she was, standing!! Everything around Noah and Roman's room too, she just went form thing to thing standing and exploring. I told Jill we would be over once a week for physical therapy since being in a new place really did the trick! It was really amazing! So she's been standing more and more but not yet taking a step, she really doesn't have any interest in it. We try and move things out of reach and even try to shift her weight for her and it's just a no go.

Her last group session on Wednesday she actually fell asleep... so not so good. One of the girls working there (who clearly doesn't have a special needs kids) told me "Some parents try to have them nap before group..." Ya think? This is so silly. Duncan I could probably make nap if I had too but Dylan? She will play in her crib for hours! She was on a great morning/afternoon nap schedule but somehow she got off of it last Tuesday. Yesterday was good though and I am having her take one now so she will get back on track. So funny though... thanks for the tip gal! I will work on it!

Jill and I also went shopping for picture clothes for all of the kids. I need to get serious about getting their pictures taken again. I will likely do it myself again like last fall but we shall see. Matthew's not big on the newer style of photography and I want something other than in a studio... Bah. I figure if we try it ourselves and it doesn't work out we can just have someone else do it. All their clothes kind of coordinate but aren't matchy matchy, Jill loved picking them out, I hated it. I reminded her it was times 4 next year!! Boo to shopping! They are fall-ish clothes and it's HOT outside so I am giving myself some time to get the job done. We shall see!

Videos of real trains on You Tube. Clearly exciting stuff! (*yawn!*)




Someone's going to be crawling soon!


Standing, right in the sun (!), but it looked so cute!


There are four arms and four legs in there! This would be one hand from each set!


Little Charlotte and Duncan winding down for the evening.


This outfit was a gift... It's SO cute! (Though it was tucked in the front most of the day for easy movement!)


Wanting to side step... but not doing it!


This train was my little sisters and boy does it get it's love over here. Though, one thing's for sure.. he does not like to share with Ian! I don't think he would mind as much if little distructor Ian didn't climb on top of/over/through the track to get to the train!

No comments: