I mentioned that the test a week ago said that Dylan's bladder infection was gone but I had my suspicions, what I didn't mention was that I took the poor little thing in for another urine culture on Friday. The truth is, the doctor I saw there, who wasn't our normal Pediatrician made me think I was crazy! The initial 'dip' came back negative, no trace of white blood cels, no nothing. They kind of give you that sympathetic, condescending, you're nuts look sometimes... he pushed on where she might be sore, kidneys, yada yada, saying he didn't think anything was wrong at all. Her urine looked a little concentrated so maybe that was the problem and told us to push water and sent us on our way.
The doctor said the can tell if there's something the next day (though they don't identify the strain until day two) and he was working Saturday morning so he would talk to the culture guy in the morning and call to let me know. He didn't call, of course.
When we got home Sunday night there was a call from the Peds office asking for a Pharmacy number. BOOOYAH!
Turns out it did culture out some random strain of bacteria that's resistant to her profolaxis. It's different from the strain that got her a couple weeks ago too! Bah!! It's a whole new infection. This particular strain is resistant to quite a few drugs and the nurse was a wee but surprised it didn't show up on the 'dip'. Dylan's doctor is leaving her on the same profolaxis because it covers most things but she got a new prescription called in today to combat this new bug.
Now, see... I am trying not to be boastful here but... I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! Again!! Momma's over here doing her happy dance because the doctor made me second guess my spidey sense and think I was crazy!! Booyah! I knew it!!! What's that? I am awesome? Why yes, yes... awesome indeed!!
Okay, I got that out. I feel better, just wish the doctor was here to see my happy dance, that would make me feel all the more better!
Doctors don't always know best!!
No comments:
Post a Comment