Wednesday, August 19, 2009

That was fun...

Or soooo....NOT.

So we started the shots yesterday. The nurse at her Pediatrician's office did shot #1. She was so cute about it and with me. I told her that we really didn't want to have to bring her in to the office every other day during Swine Flu and RSV season which she completely understood. I mentioned that we would be looking to rent or buy a Blood Pressure monitor and she offered to come to my house during her lunch hour to take Dylan's BP! Can you believe that? So nice... seriously. Rediculously nice. She sent us away with a care package, needles, syriges, alchohol pads, and band aids telling me that I can always bring her in and they will do the shots for me if I end up freaking out when Trina goes out of town.

I had to pick up a prescription for Dylan and looked for a BP monitor and there are certainly a lot out there for adults but those kids ones are hard to come by! Turns out Trina had it covered the whole time. She's going to take Dylan's BP when she does her shots (probably before *wink* *wink*). By the way, the Pharmacist didn't cut those itty bitty pills this time, apparently it was a guest Pharmacist that other day, the lady remembered the pills and us... we are practically on a first name basis with our Pharmacy workers, I thought that only happened when you got old, like... really old.

Anyway, yesterday was a bad day. As a parent you learn that shot days are always bad... and unfortunately every day will be a shot day for Dylan now, but only for a month (we hope). You know, the all day on and off complaining. I read that a side effect of ACTH is "easily irritated or annoyed" which made me laugh because, well... that's me every day, so like mommy like daughter, she's doomed! Anyway, she spasmed today so she's not one of the lucky ones that it goes away on day one... wait and see I guess!

Shelly, Halle and Pat came over for lunch today and it was so fun! So much more relaxed than going out to eat would have been. It was just one of those things where the whole house was child proofed so the occasional child falling over is all we had to deal with. Course, Shelly might not have though so, because it was in my house and not her own but trust me... if it could be broken it would've already been broken. Did I mentioned Duncan pulled over one of our steel bar stools and broke off the decorative top? It's fixed now, but that's what I mean... he will break anything, so little 17 lb Halle had nothing to worry about.

Halle loves Dylan, and her binki, and Duncan loves having kids over to show his toys to so they were so cute together. Course, I thought it was hard to get a non-blurry picture of one toddler, try two... Shelly, as many pictures as you saw me take I don't think I got any clear ones! They slow down right? Right?

Anyway, so good to see Pat again, we need to find her a J. O. B. back in Salt Lake and lure her back. I am not kidding. It's time, it's been too long already. And the NICU needs you anyway Pat.

These two were cute together playing and watching eachother. Look how adorable.

And another one.


So blurry, but Duncan's showing Halle the egg chair. He actually sat in it next to show her what to do with it. That pictures even more blurry!


Everyone's loving the Cozy Coupe... Excellent investment!


And then Duncan had to pass on some of his bad habits to Halle. Starting with the stove drawer and moving on to hitting things with other things to see what noise they make. Although, thankfully those 'other things' do not include people... yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the shots! Our prayers are with her and you guys.