Jess and I made jam on Friday night instead of Saturday since she over-booked herself. If we succeeded or not is yet to be determined. I am going to go with a 50% success rate which isn't too great if you ask me! I froze the left over raspberries though and they are ADORABLE! Laid them out on a cookie sheet for freezing and then put them together in a bag. They are perfect! Nothing like the frozen ones you buy at the store!
Alas though, no game playing to be had this week-end, in fact it was a rather lazy one with just the late night jam session on Friday after my mom sat and we went to dinner.
Matthew's THIS close to finishing the basement bathroom, he worked on it quite a bit on Saturday. I have always teased him because he says he finished our basement in 3 months but the bathroom was left mostly undone. He's probably finishing it, not because we need it, but so I will stop giving him a hard time. It looks so good though! It's very pretty.
Last night the whole family went to Kristen's again for swimming and Matthew had to go sing so I was chasing two kids around. (Well, just "chasing" one really.) Kristen gave me a break for a while and manned Duncan, in and out of the pool. It was a life-saver! I got to sit. Sit. Sit. Which I needed pretty badly for some reason. I never really have to worry about Dylan on Sunday's, she's always in good hands.
Duncan's started saying "Thank you" and "Here you go". "Here you go" he totally got from me since I pretty much say that any time I hand him something. Of course when he says these things isn't really predictable since I think he's not quite sure how to use them. Today he was saying "here you go" whenever he handed me something OR I handed him something. It was darling. At lunch with the NICU girls he told Shelly "Thank you" which actually impressed both of us quite a bit, I guess he was on his best behavior! (It was early in the lunch, it went down hill from there!)
Also a proud mom moment was last night when he got a haircut from Aunt Jill... not a single tear. He didn't seem to care too much other than to wonder what in the world was going on! Yay! First time with no tears! Knock on wood!
Madison likes the new toys over here

First Dylan got a "taste" of Madi...

Then it was Madi's turn! (This would be Dylan's foot!) No teeth on Madison's part yet though!

Cute girls!




No comments:
Post a Comment