Duncan's been replaced by a monster, I am convinced. Someone came in to our house in the middle of the night and replaced him, my cute little sweet agreeable baby, with this MONSTER! This monster is very good at shaking his head and saying "No" (both in and out of context, it's his first, perfect little favorite word). He's also skilled at throwing himself on the floor in anger, sometimes accompanied by feet kicking, hand pounding and head shaking. It's very very impressive. Anyway... I thought I would mention this in case anyone recognized this little person and would care to trade me back my sweet other little person. I will be waiting for your call.
We went swimming again last Friday and it was so nice! Pretty hot outside though but just floating in the water was nice. I just had Duncan sitting in the floaty and I was with him while Aunt Kristen played with Dylan. But then, Duncan seemed to be doing okay on his own floating around playing with cars and jabbering to himself... so I took Dylan in the water. SHE LOVED IT! It was so stinking cute. She was all about swimming. It's hard because I know I won't always have the opportunity to get them both in the water, and well... let's face it, if I try to go in with just her Duncan might run away. (Especially now since apparently I am the meanest mom in the whole world as evidenced by previously described actions.)
The other day Duncan climbed up on the stool by my bed (I am short...the bed's tall okay?) and he got in my drawer and found a secret stash of M&Ms. When I found him he had his right hand full of as many as he could hold and with his left he was shoving even more of them one-by-one into his mouth. It was very funny! And you know how they say that once a pig escapes it's pen it will never leave that same escape spot alone ever again? Well, that's kind of like my son now. Where the first thing he does when he gets in our room is climb up on the stool and try to break into the drawer. What can we say... the boy likes his M&Ms! Ahhhh... my kind of breakfast, he's sooo my son.
This is also the day that I decided that the unversal color of M&Ms is orange... it has to be. There was orange on his hands, on the nightstand, on his face, on his shirt.... his drool was orange. You would never have guessed there were other colors of M&Ms!
And he looks so innocent!

Dylan's decided that falling asleep in our arms is a fun thing to do. It's nice... neither of my kids have really been like this but now she's found out it's glorious. As a result I can lay her in on our bed all comfy like when I put her down. She's adorable!

We had a tsunami of a rainstorm the other day for about a half hour. It was like Florida 'can't see when I am driving' rain. There was a river running down our street... it was the wierdest thing. A few minutes before it started Duncan and I were out watching Matthew work in the yard... or in watching through the window. When the rain started we had to watch that too!

It was coming down in sheets! But giving those little plants in my little garden a good watering!

Aunt Jill watched the babies while Matthew and I went to the appointment the other day... she proved it! Dylie's hair *is* long enough for a pony! Now I just have to figure out how! It was adorable, I couldn't get enough of it!

And, because everyone's been asking. Yes, I have been sick, really sick. This is new, I wasn't hardly sick at all with the twins. Blah... eye on the prize baby, eye on the prize!
1 comment:
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! You are a glutton for punishment though aren't you? My grandson (weird, huh?) is almost three months old now, and I am begging for another one too. Thanks for all of the time you spend writing this fun blog! I love it!
Post a Comment