Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's grown... a little

So I am naughty and was supposed to take Dylan in for a weight check after their well-child appointment and I just never did. BUT we had the Endo appointment on Monday and they weighed her and she weighs... well... not much. She only weighs 12'12. So I think it's time to up her food a little. She did however grow 3/4 of an inch since we last went in, but I think that was four months ago. That doesn't seem like she's growing that much does it?

She is definitely stronger though, she now prone pivots. Which is a fancy way of saying that when she's on her belly she can move in circles. It's nice, she sees something and will actually make the motions to go for it. Between the rolling and now the spinning, she's all over the living room. And I am happy to report that she seems to be sleeping better at night too.

After the endo appointment she had to go up to Primary for a good poking. It's so sad... I usually make Matthew go in but I decided him chasing Duncan would be better. It took almost an hour to get in to the room! So they poked her on her right arm but couldn't get a vein, they said it's hard to feel because she had so much scar tissue. (One of the women who was there, and usually was the team that goes from room to room to collect, recognized her! Now that's a lot of pokes!) She doesn't like the poking, but she will get mad and then get over it... it's the needle wiggling that gets to her. They try and try to find a vein and you can tell when it really hurts!

So then they went to her left wrist which REALLY hurt, and the blood came a little, but not a lot. The girl made a comment about the needle being bigger than the vein. The other woman responded that it will bleed like crazy when she pulls it out and sure enough... it did. So they got a little tube and collected it. She said it was going to really bruise though because they did it that way. I was okay with it though, it was that 'naughty' way or many more pokes.

When we came out Matthew had Duncan strapped in a wheel chair and Duncan looked like he was SO proud of himself, like he had the most special seat in the place. It was so cute.

Her battle wound... at least she got a prize for it I guess!

And Duncan whistles now! I think it started with a long winded "uh-oh" but now he just walks around doing it.



It's super cute no?


This morning in the bouncer, that's what I get for vacuuming!

No comments: