Sunday, June 28, 2009

I haven't been abandoned.

So even though Matthew's out of town, and soon out of the country, I haven't been abandoned. Steve and Jessica planned to bring me dinner last night and guess who else shows up? The Besendorfers! Yes, this is one well-fed individual! not one set of friends brought me dinner last night but TWO! How awesome is that? I am so lucky!

Michelle and Moroni stayed for a minute or two until Jess and Steve got here and we got to talk and play with the babies a little. Usually the stop-bys are just Michelle which Duncan loves... but when she brings a Disney dad it's even better! I think Duncan thinks Moroni is just as much of a toy as his own dad and he's all coy and playful. It's so funny!

Jessica and Steve stayed for games after dinner and remember how I said she would ask when the last time she won was (which... happened to be the last time we played...) She won TWO games last night, TWO of five. So we are done hearing this 'I never win but I like to play' business! She busted out dessert from a place called 'Nothing Bundt Cake' (cute!), and they were mini bundt cakes. The choices, White White Chocolate, White Chocolate with Raspberry, Red Velvet and Lemon. Steve and I each took a lemon for our very own... there were definitely cake leftovers. So, not only do I have dinner today, but a nice White chocolate dessert as well. They were so yummy!

Dylan's all over the place. My word, I can't get my kid to sit still, or lay still... not even for a second. She's so crazy! It's so hard to change her diaper because she is twisting and stuff. We have to try and give her something off the wall to hold so it will stop her in her tracks! It's kind of hard to try and feed a tube fed kid that wants to roll all over the place while 'eating'! This is good, this is what kids are supposed to do, but man she's crazy! No wonder why she's so skinny!

Well, and the bummer news... We have reason to believe that Dylan's starting to show signs that she will develop a seizure disorder. It's actually quite common with HPE, so not terribly unexpected, but a total bummer all the same. I really am done with hearing bad news, I feel bad for her having another thing to deal with. She has Spina Bifida Clinic on the 17th and we already have a Renal Ultrasound (water works) scheduled and I think they are going to try and do an EEG at that time. If a shorter EEG doesn't show anything though I think I will have her Ped pull for a 24 hours one so we can get to the bottom of things. Bah! Poor kid.

Yesterday I blew up and destroyed a blow up pool for Duncan. So I went and got a replacement (which means I paid full price for the thing since each pool was half off!) Well, I blew the second one up yesterday too and it was flat this morning! I think when I get a second I am just going to get a cheapy one from like Harmon's or something because this blow up business is for the birds! It will be hard to manage kids and a plastic pool so I might have to recruit help! Anyway.. it was HOT outside and so Duncan finally gave in and got in the water and LOVED it. It was so cute. I wasn't in the water but was completely soaked when he was done. It was so cute.

Not like aunt Kristen's but still fun! (Notice the deflatedness...)


Aunt Jill, Noah and Roman came to see us on Friday for a short visit and it was fun! I hope the boys had fun too, then they will want to come back. Duncan was sleeping at first but then woke up and he was so funny when he found friends in his house! He was excited. He even gave Aunt Jill one of these! (What's up with that? I don't even get these any more!)


And Dylan was glad Aunt Jill brought Dylie's favorite hat with her. Yum yum! (Looks like Dylie has a bit of hat head too... Remnants of a pony)


Eating, who needs mom's help?


Duncan loves lanyards... loves them. He's almost always wearing one except when he's in bed. Looks like this one got away from him and into Dylan's hands. She was rolling around and landed here... with a pillow... so cute!


And we can't forget baby #3. I went to the Dr again and he was NOT terribly pleased to hear we didn't want to know the gender. He started drifting South to take a peek and I stopped him. I think he thinks it's some kind of fun challenge and I denied him. Muhahaha! It was sleeping with it's hands on it's face, we could see the bones of the hands very clear on screen but they didn't much turn out in the picture.

No comments: