I did pull out my Holly Hobby blanket that Grandma Shirley made me when I was pretty young. I have no idea how old I was. Not very... I just remember thinking that it was B-U-tiful! Like. the prettiest thing ever. And I knew Jess would appreciate it. I was right, she marveled at the mad grandma Shirley skills and also how well it's held up over this many years. It does need a bath though, I am willing to bet that it hasn't been washed a single time so she gave me advice on how to wash it very gently.
I forgot to mention Duncan and his pointing. Pointing is a developmental thing and at their appointment a week ago the doctor asked if he was making hand gestures and I said he was waving and clapping. Then he asked if Duncan pointed and I said not yet... Then I brought them home and put him down for a nap. When he woke up I went to get him and as I was almost to the door he stopped and pointed at the smoke detector! I was like...STINKER! I just told the doctor NO! He's obsessed with smoke detectors, we take him all over the house and he looks up and points.
And we got our cards from Grandma Shirley with a dollar for each of the babies. Yay! Happy Valentine's!
Dylan's been way more aware of her surroundings lately. She's been watching us around the room and stuff and that's relatively new. Well, she noticed Mushi, and so we went for a quick pat on the head. He hated it, but she seemed to like it... so, too bad for Mushi. I always wanted him to be a therapy dog, maybe he will be for Dylie!

Ducan's totally smiling in this picture, I think he was kissing... either that or eating Jessica's face. I would like to think it was a kiss.

And this is what he get's from Steve for trying to eat Jessica's face! A little beard tickle on the neck!

Dylan time. They went to bed shortly after the boys left though. Good for a quiet evening, not good for sleeping in this morning!

This is Dylie's little "beak" that she makes right before she busts out with some really profound thought (in baby talk of course).




4 comments:
Shannon! Your afghan is BEAUTIFUL!! Do you know how to make dish cloths? If so, could you teach me? Warning, my skills are not up to yours. I only know how to edge baby blankets. So if you never respond, I understand!
I love the afghan!!! It's beautiful. I wish I could do that.
The blanket looks great! Maybe you could teach me! ;)
You guys are so nice! This was only my second hting I have ever made (the first being Duncan's blanket a few months ago!). I am not a pro, and I definatelly cannot teach yet! lol, I am just a puppet in my friend Jessica's hands.
Wendy you are #2 who has asked about dishclothes and what yarn to make them with so I really should ask and maybe Jessica can have a class! She learned by taking free classes up at Pipers in Sugarhouse.
Post a Comment