Thursday, February 12, 2009

Aunt Ami made Dylie a blankie...

So at yesterday's cardio appointment they just looked at Dylan's weight and stuff to make sure that her heart wasn't keeping her from growing. The doctor decided that it was more her syndrome that was the problem, not her heart so she's cleared for 2 years. The ASD that she has is pretty significant so she doesn't expect it to close on it's own. More than likely she will have to have it repaired when she's 3-4. The Doctor came in was excited to see Dylan again but commented that Dylan's medical history is 'daunting'. Uhmmm... yea... I'd say.

After the appt. I had lunch with Val and Simon. Simon's another unique chromosome guy and he's so stinking cute! He can't walk yet at 3 and a half, so he has to coolest ride in town. They just got word that both of the holes in Simon's heart closed on their own. Yay! While we were eating we ran into my friend from High School, Heather... I ran into her in the NICU a while back when her little 26 weeker was born, remember that? He was up at Primary, just over from the U, so they could take a look at his little brain. He's still in the NICU even though they are approaching his original due date... he has a few weeks left though, he's still on oxygen and they always have to get their eyes cleared to go home. They are hanging in there but are definitely sick of the hospital!

On Sunday Dylie got a surprise from her Aunt Ami, a new FAVORITE blanket/toy/fun this to chew on! I can't believe I forgot to mention it in my last post because it's Dylan's new favorite thing. I need pictures of her eating it but she's sleeping and I probably shouldn't wake her up just for picture time. So you get a picture of this cute thing, minus the baby.



I am waiting for Dylie's PT and the Early Intervention representative for Dylan's annual evaluation. We will see where she ranks developmentally... not that it matters. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "shout-out"! I am always happy to give the cousins presents. FYI - our Ben is STILL praying for Dylie in EVERY PRAYER....breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime, at church, family prayer, FHE and even when the Home Teachers come. Last week we had to explain to them who "Dylie" was! He loves her and Duncan! xoxo ami