I had to go wake Duncan up this morning. Isn't it fitting the the first day back at school all of them slept in? All of them. Did they sleep in during the break? No...
So my sleepy eyed boy stepped out of his room and what did he say? "Mom, are you going to put all the birthday decoration up while I am at school?" Uhhhhh... He went on to say I did at the old house, in fact, he went as far as to cut out stars and put them on the walls. Wow, what a good mom I uhhhh... was? We got ready for school and I dropped him off. All the while busily planning out what I was going to do while he was at school!
My mom came over and Ian an I ran to Walmart to get presents from him to the D's as well as party decorations. I came home and wrapped and hung stuff. Lesson learned. Poor first born children. I got the job done though. He was excited and asked "Did my dad do this?" What? You are killing me here son! "Did the birthday fairies do this?" and I was all "Oh my word! Who did all this? It's all decorated?! It's amazing!!" and Ian said "You did mom!"
During the other kids (non)nap time (seriously, neither of them napped today) we made a delicious cake that his father told him he could decorate. Yea, his father. It's looks b-u-tiful. As in... wow... he really went for it. Thanks for that Matthew. Not only that but when Matthew walked in from work her was like "Wow! Uhhh, wow!" and I was like "YOU told him he could decorate it!" I wanted to punch him, but I didn't.
Funny this, Duncan was insisting he knew how to crack and egg (we needed three). Well, naturally one of the eggs completely exploded all over him and he got sad and said "I am NOT very good at cracking eggs..." Poor kid. I told him it took practice, we changed his clothes and moved on. I don't think he really grasped how not easy it is to crack eggs. (I did the last egg...)
For breakfast we had cereal and cinnamon toast, for lunch we had Wendy's because he wanted the little ice cream, and for dinner we had cheese and crackers. Those were obviously his meal choices.
Duncan had been inviting all the neighbors to his birthday party. News flash. No birthday party for you! We decided the big birthdays would be 5, 8, 12 and 16 and we would do small in between so we will be having our friends over on Saturday night. A few family members too. He got to pick a cake and he chose Tron, so it will be interesting to see what it looks like. Matthew said he told them Dylan was a girl soooo... After that "party" we will be carving pumpkins with a few friends as a birthday activity.
Dylan did not have a great birthday. She is still sick. No school for her. Gosh I hope she is getting better. I am really tired of how miserable she feels, I can't imagine how tired of it she is! She did perk up for w little while when we opened her presents. Her favorite musical toy broke (we are on the third...) and she was very happy to see her old friend. She was so cute! She kept smiling and leaning in to hug me.
Mom and Bob came over for Duncan's delicious cake and to open presents and we (me and mom) went overboard with the presents. Oooops. Like we could have gotten away with half.
Here is the birthday questionnaire:
What is your favorite color? Red
What is your favorite TV show? Hotel Transelvania
What is your favorite game? Halo (Uhmm... he has no idea...)
What is your favorite song? I am a Child of God (It's totally Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus but I am good with this answer, it certainly makes me look better.)
What is your favorite book? Mouse Shapes Who is your best friend? Brooklyn
What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Go down the slide
What is your favorite thing to drink? Chocolate milk
What is your favorite holiday? All of them!
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My Pillow Pet
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes
What do you want to eat for dinner on your birthday? Cheese and crackers
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Policeman
Anything else you have to say that's interesting? Yes! Asher is uhhhh, playing with your paper and pen? I like to play Mine Craft on the computer and I really want my dad to record mine craft on the computer. And... I... I want for my birthday is the train that has that rubber band on it. And the cousins might buy one for me, they might, I don't know... if they are. Can you put a question mark on it mom? I got just one more question. I really really love to play Legos! And buy new Legos and get new sets! I really love to do that. Really really really really really. What's in here?
Mom, I think I have just one more question. I like to decorate my cakes when it's my birthday. And that's all I have to say. Well, actually just one more, one more question to say. I really really really really really really want Mine Craft on the computer. Oh, I already said that, I did. I wanted to say it again.
Mom notes: we are so proud of Duncan as he is growing up and learning to be the best big brother on the planet. He really looks out for Greyson and when Greyson took his first steps he got so excited! That was really fun to see. He has been working so hard at school and learning new things. I am learning to much from him too. He is getting to be so much fun, even because he talks back and rolls his eyes, just because he can actually talk to me about how he feels.
Dylan is amazing as always. I just love how much joy she brings our family. It is so fun talking to her and making her smile and just having her THERE. She is so pretty and I can't wait until she feels back to her normal self again. It's breaking my heart!
Decorating his own cake - this is concentration.
He isn't proud or anything...
Dinner of champions.
She is listening, very happy to get her cube back! (Remind me to put on make up and do Dylan's hair on birthdays! /face palm.
She has been sick so I have just been pulling her hair back, I am sad I didn't actually do it given how cute these picture are!
This is love.
Grandma and grandpa were nice and they brought all the kids toys because birthdays are hard. Ian is wearing his new Mario shirt and Matthew gave him extra Infinity guys.








No comments:
Post a Comment