Just like I had mentioned before I went with the Playdoh color wheel. Here I was up to the counter the night before chopping up Playdoh into little tiny pieces and dividing them into color baggies. Mrs. K. ran off color wheel sheets for me which she had ready and waiting. The kids filed in quietly and took their seats... it was great. We talked about what we had talked about last time, shapes and then read Mouse Paint. Shannon has a HUGE book of Mouse Paint that I was able to use.
The teacher had to help more than she had planned I think, she helped me to pass out the PlayDoh and no habla espanol so she had to give some one on one time to one of her students. How hard would that be to have one single ESL student? Oy. Some of the girls were so gentle with mixing their PlayDoh she had to help get things going. "mine is not mixing!" Well honey, that is because you are just gently squishing the sides... Some kids smeared the Playdoh, some had neat circles, it was fun to see what they all did with it.
They loved it. They were still beaming about their color wheels when I picked up the D's from school after running to get Ian.
I have enough PlayDoh to do it one more time with Ian and Duncan so I think we will have Ian make one too. That I can handle... otherwise, home teaching is not for me. No no no.
Duncan came out of school with pictures of two kids from his class. Apparently they are twins and their mom is a better mom than I because I didn't even get school pictures, much less wallets for them to pass out to friends. Oooops. I had a 25% off code but I couldn't bear the thought of $150 for not very good, one pose, pictures for the kids! We can do better than that here! He told me he was going to marry the girl in the picture, Brooklyn. I asked about Charlotte and he said he had changed his mind. That's okay though, I am pretty sure Charlotte was never on board with that plan anyway.
Pictures, oye. We are going to go get family pictures done sometime next month. I just got a wild hair because of the school picture thing and I went shopping. Duncan and I went to Old Navy, Target and back to Old Navy to get all matchy matchy clothes. But we did it, it's done. Check that off. I already have anxiety about going so let's not talk about it again for at least three more weeks okay?
My husband has been setting up a home gym in our garage and it's kind of funny. Here we have this oversized three car garage and we have one vehicle in it. Well, and the motorcycle but I think that's going to get the boot soon. He went and purchased these floor matts, he hung the projector from the ceiling and he projects the work out DVDs on the garage door. It's easier to work out in numbers so late at night you will find me, Matthew, Michael and Tracy jumping around like crazy people in the garage. There are weights, yoga matts, push up bars... silly business. We weigh in Tuesday nights. It's happening people. But Grandma Shirley said that I can't get looking too good because that always gets me in trouble (if ya know what I'm saying...)
Speaking of Grandma Shirley, she turned the big 85 last week and we got to go out to lunch with her. It was pretty crazy but we put Greg, Traci and Shane to work and got the job done. I still would have taken a nap if I would have had the chance though. Phew! It was fun to see Grandma and she is totally rocking the gray hair! I told her 30 year olds are going gray because it's so cool and she told me the wrinkles give her away. It's super cute though.
My poor little girl is sick. All the kids got sick and I was hoping because she was showing no signs of it that we would be good to go. We weren't. Friday she was acting tired at school, Mrs K mentioned it when I was in for art. Saturday she slept until 10:45 or so. I hooked her up to food and gave her meds at 10:15 and then she ended up waking up. Sunday she was just acting sick all day but no excessive sleeping or anything, just not Dylan. So Monday I just made the call and decided not to wake her for school. I still had to wake her up to take the other kids but one eye was stuck shut from being swollen and having goo so it was a good call. We will have to watch to see if it keeps getting puffier because the last two times she got puffy she went all Quasimodo on us and needed antibiotics. I just gave her a bath because she won't let me touch her face to wash it and she actually looks decent now, we will see how tomorrow goes.
I worked a little more on my 2009 blog book and it's totally overwhelming. I am only in April and I have a few years to go after it! I used to blog a LOT, multiple times a week. Now I have really been working hard at getting out here at least once a week. All I have to say is thank goodness for my slacking off, I hope it was in 2010 when it started happening!
Duncan's
Mine
Okay - Just kidding, I might have gotten that backwards. He was very proud of himself for taking a little bit of each color and mixing them together to make grey/brown too. (the blob on the red...)
These pictures are actually super cute compared to the last ones from school.
And these are great too. Making me feel even worse. Picture day cannot come soon enough.
This is Duncan's colorful... shoe.
A little late on this but this was Duncan's artistic interpretation of his first day at school. Wearing a jet pack. (The red and black are bricks, duh...)






No comments:
Post a Comment