Friday, September 6, 2013

School is in session!

The first day of Kindergarten! Woot! 

First - We made it through TWO years of school already without having to go to school with toothpaste on our shirt. Yes, we may have changed once, and I know we forgot to do our hair maybe twice... but no toothpaste. Until the first day of Kindergarten! Dad is close to being black-listed from helping brush teeth in the morning! The first day! Here is to not many more... Is that weird I am bugged about those white drips? Gross though! 

I went early to get a handicap spot, there are only two, and we were there and ready when Mrs. Nelson came up to get Dylan. She hauled her away and I took Duncan and his groceries over to the line up. By groceries I mean his school supply list, we were one of only THREE people who brought them! Out of 22 kids! What? Boo! 

His supply list was:
Glue sticks
Snacks
Clorox wipes
Tissues
Paper Towels
Ziplock bags
Hand Sanitizer
Markers
Playdoh

This is my kind of class!!

We waited in line, and saw a few of his church friends that are in first grade but in the line next to us. Our class was the last class to go in (room 1 is closest to the door!) and we moseyed on in. Duncan found his name right away and sat in his seat. He immediately started playing with his name tag which I am sure didn't end even after he was reminded several time but you know...  The kids were all at the table and parents circled the room. Then Mrs. K basically told us to get the crap out and tomorrow stay outside. Awesome. 

When I went for pickup the D's and two of Dylan's aides were waiting outside for us. I asked if I was late but they told me they are trying to get their routine down and they were actually early. One of the aides actually buckled Dylan in the car while I talked to the other one about how cute she was. (Totally.) And then I talked to the one that buckled her in about how cute she was. They said she fell asleep at 10:45 and didn't get the "snack" that were were planning on because she was asleep. It's all good. 

Duncan said his first day was "Great!" Boo, hiss... yay?

Part of his homework is that we have to read to him 20 minutes every night. Dad usually reads a book to them before he puts them to bed but I am pretty sure it doesn't come near 20 minutes so we need to soldier up here. Dad has been out of town this week so what I have been doing is putting the little boys to bed and then going and spending some reading time with Duncan. He is so cute because he is starting to get the little nuances in books and he is able to sit through entire books like Rumplestiltskin and Jack and Beanstalk without getting antsy. That's pretty good for him! And fun for us. I think I am going to like this mandatory reading time!

Ian went to preschool on Wednesday and he loves it. I knew he would. We pull out Duncan's homework and he always asks where his is. I just picked up one of those preschool books from the store so we can give him homework too. 

On the way in we ran in to Charlie and Annabelle who we know from church. They are an adorable threesome! 

I talked to Mrs. Nelson today about the first week of school and she seemed really excited about Dylan and the things that they are doing. It was kind of fun to get the week report and have her be so happy about Dylan.

Oh yea, you totally read that right, the first week of school on my own! I think we are getting a good routine down though, as long as I do everything I can to prepare for morning the night before! I have quite the list of chores to do before I get to go to sleep!

My mom came over to give Grey his birthday present because we won't be there birthday Sunday. He wasn't sure what to think about everything but Asher thought it was great! we are still working on him sharing Greyson's toys! 

Duncan is making a treat this afternoon. It has a Laffy Taffy piece, a cinnamon disc, pieces of a candy cane, Ice, water, cinnamon and sugar and a sugar cube... so far. Ugh, this kid and his "inventions"! Added note, he totally froze is and then ate it all... though he didn't have a pleasant look on his face toward the end. Shudder.

Ian had a bit of, at the risk of TMI, "loose stool" the other day which I always call a "sick bum". So I said "you have a bit of a sick bum today, why?" and Ian said "because someone coughed on my bum!" Learning about germs. Kind of.

My BIG Kindergarteners!



"Why are you looking at me?!"


I am sure he had to be told a million times not to touch this name tag.


First day of preschool!

Seriously, this face.

He is so our kid!

The trio ready to take on the world!



We got this stone-faced look the entire time.


Getting edged out.

Well, I guess there is this funny face too...

Mom says no more walking. Grandma is rushing things.

My mom is reading a book called "Sometimes Even Moms are Wrong"

Whatever.

No comments: