Ugh yea, so hi, yea... this is me, over here making questionable choices...
Poor Duncan's teacher just keeps sending home sign up sheet for different people that she needs to have come in and volunteer in her class. No one was apparently stepping up to the table! I had told her I have a million kids and she won't be able to get rid of me when the last one was in school but for now just doing things at home will have to work.
But ughhh... the sign up sheets... the guilt...
So I finally sent her a note to let her know I can probably wrap my head around finding a sitter for just the two little ones to come in and teach once a month. Thinking it would just be a fun little art project that we get to do together. Easy enough right?
Yea no... it's like the Art curriculum. It's a binder full of all kinds of information that I actually have to TEACH and do a little LESSON for! Egads. What was I thinking? What did I get myself in to? It's not very organized as apparently I am supposed to give myself an at-home art lesson and then teach the kids? I did see something about reading "The Three Little Bears" in there somewhere.
And, well... wrap your skull around it Shannon because my first lesson it next Friday. We will be learning how to hold scissors, make shapes and combine shapes to make objects. This is likely the easiest of my lessons as eventually we will be talking about specific artist's styles and creating artwork that demonstrates that style.
I will keep you posted.
She also send 40 workbooks home with me that I am supposed to tear the pages out of and reassemble in sheet protectors. Woohoo! Good times! Now this is the volunteer stuff I live for! Not teaching! What was I thinking?
My darling baby turned one this week and all of a sudden I am having the familiar pangs of baby fever. I kid! I kid! Scared you though didn't I? Not yet... and we are still weighing build versus buy anyway.
He is so stinking cute I can't even stand it and he just keeps getting more cute and more fun. But time could slow down a little for me, I would like to appreciate this, slowly. We are hoping to have a little cake smashing party for him, expect some fun pictures of that soon!
I took him to his one year well child check and he got four pokes! FOUR! Poor thing got the be the first in family to get the flu shot! I thought Ian was going to be number 2 (proximity to the office, nothing like making him regret wanting to go with me!) but they didn't have the larger doses in yet. Alas, we will haul ourselves BACK to the office for four more shots when the time comes.
As for stats. The peanut weighs 19lbs 11oz. He is just above the 50th percentile for height (see, that glory time of being in the 75th is short lived for my kids!) and for weight he is in the 10th percentile! Skinny! Weight for height is just above the 5th percentile. So funny. Cute little monkey.
I took Asher shopping the other day and Hispanic people are so funny around him and his white hair! They just have all kinds of comments and ask if my other kids have that light hair. I explained that he is the only one that light and these two are my only ones with blue eyes and she went on to say that he looks like an angel! She said he needs WINGS! Have you met him? Haha! Wings, that's so funny. My little ANGEL. Wings...
Tomorrow I have my first Half and try as I might I cannot keep up a running blog! And now I have an art class to plan for, you understand right? So wish me luck and light rain and I will keep you posted on whether or not I live.
Poised for the camera attack!
He always does this. Always. A lot. It's so super cute.
Just an afternoon snack at Casa de Monkeys. Why yes, we have cavities, why do you ask?
This just cracked me up. I am not sure who commented that said they couldn't tell the boys apart but someone can't... I think it's so funny because most of the time I think they look nothing alike. But... here is Duncan and Asher. Looking quite a bit alike.
Duncan
Ian (yellow cotton candy on his forehead...)
Asher
Mason enjoying Dusty. This is what Dusty belongs at my house... Ahhh the memories! Mason was so excited you would have thought Dusty was actually real.
Owen giving Asher a kiss
It was pre nap quiet time. These two are a hoot when they aren't fighting... well, they are still a hoot when fighting. (Good thing, because they are nearly always fighting!)
Three teeth on the bottom. No sign of the fourth and I am good with that. It's pretty stinking cute.
Asher is growing up too isn't he? Losing that baby face!














No comments:
Post a Comment