The rain was heavy too. The people who supposedly know things about weather had it at a 15% chance of precipitation for the 6:00 hour. I was ready to play the odds! Until I looked outside... it was pouring. On and off, on and off for a full hour and a half before people were supposed to come. Finally it seemed to clear and we set up the bounce house. Yep, we rented a bounce house and it was the thing to do! WOW, talk about entertainment for the kids all night long!
While we were out watching the storm and clearing up the the garage Duncan was running around outside in the rain. He was drenched head to toe! He kept running down to the old house and back, over and over. Then in the gutter, kicking up the warm puddles. He was really in his element and old enough for free reign outside. Ian was in the house being distracted so he wouldn't want to go out with the cast! Poor kid.
The food was delish! Shannon brought this salad type dish that she made for us one night that almost had me licking the bowl. I hurried and got myself some before I missed my chance (moms usually do not eat first!) and it was just as nummy. Seriously. So good. My neighbor Angie also brought a potato salad that was a hit and everyone said they needed the recipe and I told her and she said "Oh!" smiling... big pause "there isn't one!" Haha! YUM.
We also made cotton candy for everyone and that was a HUGE hit. HUGE. We didn't even fire up the snow cone maker. Just popcorn and cotton candy for the win.
The fireworks were so much fun, Matthew spent WAY too much money but this is his time to shine so I can see why he wanted too. we have a couple of neighbor boys who are all about fire safety and fireworks and they did the honors. One right after the other. When I walked out towards the end they were lighting them and RUNNING away. I was like 'What in the world? Why are they running?' but then they exploded! Huge in the air fireworks. Very pretty.
It sprinkled on and off throughout the night but over all I would say it was totally fun and the rain wasn't a bother. For the majority of the fire works I had to come in the house with a very much DONE Asher and at some point it rained hard enough for everyone to move off of the driveway and in to the garage but that was fine. Two years ago it did the same thing where we all sat in the garage. No bounce house then though!
Everyone had a great time. My nephew Roman, when they got in the car to go home, said "now THAT was a party!" So cute!
I got absolutely NO pictures! Bummer right? I was too busy with kids, cotton candy and having fun. You will just have to trust me that a good time was had by all and my kids were super cute.
on the actual Fourth of July we went to Suzie's for dinner and then to the park for fireworks. Poor Asher had been puking for a day before it and just wasn't up to the tasks of socializing. He did not feel good and he was pretty much tied to my hip the entire night. I love the snuggles, don't get me wrong but... Poor Matthew got the brunt of most of the other kids!Minus Grey he was pawned off on other people all night and he did just fine. (Though, he was exceptionally happy to see me at the end of the night!) It was really fun and at least I got some pictures of that night right?
Ian is supposed to get his cast off already, Thursday is the day. He has been so cute and so careful with not getting it wet. They even had water day at school and he didn't get it wet.
Yes... SCHOOL. I called Ms. Debi to see if last week was the week since I lost Duncan's schedule and she said she had both Ian and Duncan down. I hadn't mentioned Ian but I knew he would love it so game on! The boys had school Mon-Thurs and Dylan was just Tues and Thurs. Boy, you can bet I had no idea what to do with myself when I just had Greyson and Asher here! I ended up organizing my clothes, putting away the rest of my fat clothes and hanging up the big of skinny clothes I put away when I got pregnant with Greyson. (Skinny clothes, holla!) I also went through Ian's clothes and bumped him up to the next size and pulled out the smallest of Duncan's shirts. It was very productive!
I have Dylan set up for an appointment at the wheelchair clinic. It's the beginning of next month. I think I will be taking her to this one. She is just getting too long for a typical stroller. He bum doesn't sit far back enough in the seat for it to even be close to comfortable. A special needs stroller or wheel chair will be far from convenient for our family but it's just time. I was reading about an organization that will provide runners to push children in wheelchair in races. I was thinking 'Hey! I want to push someone!' and then I thought... 'I have someone to push!' Aside from needing it for normal things, perhaps I can get one that I can maybe take on runs? I think she might like the motion as long as it's overcast... It's worth a shot right? Insurance only provides one every five years so they fit her for what will be the best for her for the long haul. I want to go because of the running thing and me being short. It will be interesting. An official wheel chair type device, I am not sure I am (emotionally) ready to commit to it. Good thing insurance is slow...
Speaking of insurance being slow, Dyl's new kicks finally got approved. It took a long time! We have to pay the out of pocket 10% which told me that they cost more than $3k! Egads. Our last ones lasted over a year, you do what you have to do.
I told Ian he was a little cute the other day and he said "No, I'm big cute!" Which he totally, totally is.
Duncan watching fireworks with his beautiful girlfriend. Or so he says. The only picture I have from that night (thanks Cristy!).
He was on me all night.
Yay.
Can't have us both looking at the camera can you?
Asher did not love this selfie attempt. on the other hand, we were both looking at the camera...
Too bad he is only a little cute. And only a little loved.
Told you Grey was taken care of. Super cute picture!
Dylan and the fireworks. Err... okay, she couldn't care much less about the fireworks.
Before, at Suzie's. He had been playing in the little pool in just a diaper.
Garnering sympathy where ever he could.
Two peas in a pod. Greg came to craft day to hang out on the couch. Asher thought he was pretty darn cool.
Trina's yummy cupcakes.











No comments:
Post a Comment