Grey has been keeping me up all night for about 4 nights now. Ugh, it's miserable! Mama needs sleep! He had pink eye before but that moved on to Ian and Asher. Asher also has an ooey gooey cold like Grey. Yuck.
Matthew took Duncan and Ian to Lake Powell for the family House Boat trip and me and the others kicked it at home. Guess what? It was BORING! Three kids is boring! I was all kinds of twitchy and I even picked up a new craft because of it!
I was a wee bit housebound though because the morning they were supposed to leave we got the boys all buckled into the truck and Matthew gave me a kiss goodbye and... ... his truck wouldn't start. Dead battery, the trailer was hooked up all night and apparently it drained it. So he zipped to the Wally Mart in my car and somehow MY light got left on! Dead battery! Good thing I am resourceful, and not in a hurry to get anywhere.
I plugged it in to charge up. (Also a good thing my husband is very organized and the charger was neatly put away, in the box!) It charged for a little while, I started it, it's all I needed to get Dylan to school where I leave the car running. Then I remembered that I was going to take the little cotton candy machine in to Ian's teacher so she can play with it a little before they use it in class this coming Monday so I asked my mom to drive with me. During the ride I told my mom the blinker signal was going faster than usual and she told me my lights were probably out. Oh GREAT! I did my thing, dropped her off and forgot to check the lights until I was picking Dylan back up again to I checked them in the school parking lot. BOTH blinkers and BOTH back break lights were out. OUT. No lights.
I was only going to be homebound for another two days so I just decided to bag the idea of taking it anywhere and just hole out. And... with the exception of one little run to JoAnn's that's what I did. I think Matthew and my car were in a pact together to stop any bored spending sprees. It worked! Kind of... my mom wasn't in on the deal though, hence me borrowing her car!
Meanwhile they were all having fun in Lake Powell, or so I hear. Ian was great down there, broken arm and all. We bought the cast cover and he was very good about asking for it when he needed it. He was just happy to be there seeing as how it was his first time and all. Cute boy.
He got his cast off last Thursday and was kind of weird about it for a couple of days. Almost embarrassed? Disappointed because it garnered him a wee bit of extra attention for a while there? Who knows. He seems to be okay with it now rather than hiding when people pointed it out.
Dylan finally got her new AFOs last Monday. Her shoes that went with the old AFOs were falling apart but I knew we had the new AFOs coming so I didn't want to go buy her new shoes! I was close to duck taping them together but alas, they made it to Monday. They are BIG. She isn't so sure about them yet but we start with a couple hours a day and slowly increase the time to all day. She stays int he same place a lot though, and today just went to sleep rather than dealing with them! Hopefully she will start liking them, she doesn't let much hold her back I doubt they will be a problem.
The kids and I went to see the floats again this year, it's an annual tradition! Though we usually go with Traci and Abbi but Abbi wasn't feeling very well. I loaded up the kids and we went. Not too many pictures though, it seemed more crowded than usual and I was far out numbered! The floats were great, either they are getting better or I am getting older because I appreciated them quite a bit this year. We stood in line for the slowest balloon lady on the planet. I chose the wrong line. Asher didn't much care for his balloon but Grey wouldn't let go of it, since Grey didn't get his on it worked out. I don't think the kid's joy and the hard work it took to go equalled out but whatever... Next time with Traci again!
In other news, I finally started an Etsy store for my ornaments. I wouldn't say I have all the kinks worked out but I am getting there. I said I picked up a new hobby too and I plan to add that stuff to the store as well but I am waiting for an order to come in before I can. I have been buuuusy!
I also ran a night race on Friday with my friend Sara and it was a disaster! They measured the course wrong and it was two miles longer than it should have been! WOW! Hot and kind of miserable really... the full recap is in my running blog though, I will spare the details here.
I didn't take many pictures of the flat experience but I did take this one. Ian, throwing a fit in the middle of the dirty floor of the Expo. Nice. I don't even know what it was about. Mumble mumble mumble something.
Is popcorn a staple? (In other news, the big boys and I got out of the house, we went to see Despicable Me 2. I may or may not have fallen asleep toward the end. (Grey has been keeping me up!)
What about cheese? I just had to take these pictures to share Asher's completely ineffective way of eating en mass.
Look at this big boy! Cute little bug!




No comments:
Post a Comment