Monday, April 8, 2013

Catch up and some totally boring stuff

We finished our Easter with an awesome egg hunt at my mom's house! I am spoiled so the eggs on the lawn, pick up fest, is not my idea of an egg hunt. It just doesn't really work for me... I guess I want them to earn the candy! No, no... I just think finding things is much more fun! So my mom and Bob, ahem... the Easter bunny I mean, hid eggs at their house in the back yard. It was so fun!! The big kids started on one side of the yard (Duncan and Abbi) and the little (Asher and Ian) on the other until the bigger kids came over to finish the job when they were done finding theirs.

They had so much fun! It wasn't a mad race to see who could pick up the most, it was a fun game of hide and seek and they loved it. It was more fun for the adults too as they watch the littles walk by eggs over and over and over until they got little hints and helps. It was calm and it was an activity that lasted for a little while (and they still didn't find them all!). My mom felt bad she didn't get more eggs but it was the perfect amount! It was a lot really... and you wouldn't want to get too many or the kids would get bored. Perfect, perfect, perfect. I loved it, can you tell? And fortunately the kids loved it too! Ha!

Yay, go mom and Bob.

Asher refuses to sit in the high chair now. Flat out refuses. I guess it's fine, when he is big enough to climb in and out of it on is own (tray intact) then I suppose he can be done. It's funny though. He thinks he is so big, sitting defiantly up at the table. He wouldn't even sit in it for jelly beans on the tray! The problem is that we never plate trained him and although him getting big is moving along quickly, flying plates full of food are quite annoying. STINKER.

He is the funnest little guy to wake up with. He just wants to snuggle and snuggle which is just really funny with his tough exterior during the daylight hours. He will just flat out come running up to you, lay his head down and want to lay down and watch TV. I love it. It's been great over Spring Break but alas, back to school they go this week! No more cuddling for me, just for dad who gets up really early with them (he is awesome!!) because he is lucky enough to be able to fall back asleep with cuddling quiet boys and when I get up I am UP.

Greyson not only cut both teeth on the bottom in the middle but he also cut one of the ones on the top! Not one of the middle two incisors, one right next to them. What an odd third tooth! No wonder why he had been so grumpy though! I tried to let him 'fuss it out' one night last week and it was a miserable failure (maybe it was the tooth!) but he is getting the picture and is starting to sleep through the night. Especially if daddy puts him to sleep. Yay! It's about time! I mean... I love the kid but man, mama needs sleep!

Duncan asked me the other day how hippos brush their teeth. I guess this would kind of make a little sense if we were talking about hippos and/or brushing our teeth but it was completely out of the blue. So random.

We did get back to school this week and I can't really believe how quickly the week off went. We didn't do anything very exciting, just had some laid back days. It wasn't boring, it wasn't stressful. It was nice. I certainly wasn't ready for the hustle and bustle of getting them all ready in the morning but we made it today and did just fine. I even took the three to Walmart (in a down pour, not smart) and we got some shopping done that I had been meaning to do for several days. We picked up some baby food that Grey won't eat! Haha... maybe he will start, just maybe...

Matthew was busy this weekend getting my new garden grow boxes put together. They are going to be great! I don't grow much, lots and lots of zucchini, YUM. I should branch out but we aren't tomato eaters and that's the only other thing I know I can grow! Haha!

Duncan is getting very good at sounding out letters and asking how to spell words and then asking things like "Mom, what word does pnx make?" Well... hmmm... Sometimes he actually nails a word and gets very proud of himself! It's really cute. He will start putting sounds together soon! Big boy.

Ian just loves to spell his name over and over now. Whenever he sees the keyboard up on my phone or the iPad he starts "Spell my name, spell my name. I... I... I... Spell my name!" Thought he often thinks it's Nai. It's a work in progress.

In fact, Duncan and Ian have been so into their letters that Mr. Asher thinks he knows the alphabet too. Not only will he "sing along" with the ABC song, (it's so CUTE!) he will recognize letters and point to them. Of course, all he is doing is recognizing that they are in fact letters and often the letters he names are wrong, but hey, again, work in progress. He loves T and S for sure!

Warning, totally boring info up ahead...
I have gone and done it. What I said I would never do. Run. You see, runners really annoy me because that's all they talk about, ever. It's SO annoying. So what do I do but go and start running and now here I am... talking about it. Laaaaame, I know... sorry. BUT... I am afraid if I don't track what I am doing I will regret it so where else to track these things but in my journal. I will not start two journals just because I intend to bore you. Sorry in advance! Maybe I just mark all the running stuff boring so you can skip it? Or maybe you can start running with me...

I needed to get my buns in gear... my cute little Greyson, aka "party baby" hates to sleep, he didn't want to go to bed before 11:30 at night and that's traditionally been my work out after baby time so what gives? The work out. It's too bad Grey, it's time,  I have to hand you over to dad for some good old sleep training. I am just flat out at the point where I can't put it off any longer so I laced up the old shoes and hopped on the elliptical about two weeks ago.

For a little history, I LOVE working out. I love it. (I love eating too, even more probably, so it's a good thing I love it...) I have a feeling if I didn't have so many obligations I would be one of those freaky gym people. Once I get going it's hard for me to actually stop... Before the twins I would get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to the gym and then be at work at 6:30. After babies I would do it late at night... but I never really got going again after Grey.

A few months ago I tried. I started the C25K to start running but I did it for three days in a row before I figured out it was a three days a week program. Needless to say, I guess I was a little beyond starting C25K anyway. I hate running, it's soooo boring. Painfully boring. Granted I have only ever done the treadmill but *yawn*, why people why? Then we up and decided to move and THEN there wasn't a TV in the work-out room so I had lots and lots of excuses not to start exercising again!

So, after I did a couple little work-outs during the day and then started picking up the late night work outs I decided to run a little. Uggghhh... maybe I can run if I only run half the work-out time. But then... THEN... I may have made a wee tiny race commitment to some of my imaginary friends. (More on that in a few months...) and now I HAVE to run, I just have to! Learn to love it baby!

I ran outside last Friday, not even two weeks from when I got moving again. I was planning on four 14 minute miles... slow. I am only a couple weeks into it and this was to be my first once a week "long" run having slowly run 3 miles already a few times. I did it, faster than expected (though far from fast!). Four miles at an average of 12:29 min miles, marking the longest distance I have ever run and the first time I ran outside.

And it begins. I will not get obsessed, I will not get obsessed, I will not get obsessed.

Oh my... so cute. I was the other side of the teeter totter for Asher, he is far too light to play on it with Duncan but neither of them have figured that out yet. Flying babies.

Seriously with this face



This kid needs to start to eat! Really. He wants nothing to do with it. It's time Grey, it's time. And while we are talking about missed milestones, shall we bring up rolling over and sitting? No... Let's wait on those, I like little babies who don't do those things yet. (But eating WOULD be a bit more convenient!)

No comments: