Usually dad gets to do all the fun errands and he went to go get them all soccer balls (even Asher) so I decided to take the boys to go get shoes. We were so excited to go get soccer shoes! Unfortunately, Duncan's size was the smallest they had, fortunately, Ian had no idea what made soccer shoes soccer shoes so he just got a new pair of Cars shoes that light up! I got asher a new pair too because they were BOGO. In hindsight, I shouldn't have gotten Asher the same exact shoes as Ian though, lots of confusion! Ia was so excited about his new soccer shoes he wanted to sleep with them so we let him.
We have really been working o the pep talks around here. Making sure they aren't to be the whiney kids out there. If you can't do something you keep trying, if you fall down you get up, if you start bleeding you rub some dirt on it and keep going! (I think the dirt thing is a baseball thing?) It seems to have really sunken in though because we didn't have any major episodes. Woot.
When we got to Ian's game all the kids had their own balls and were practicing and Ian didn't know what to do because we didn't have a ball for him. We have a ball, but it was in the bag with all the other soccer balls. I plan on bringing one Saturday so he can practice too. I felt bad (rookie soccer mom mistake!)
He pretty much held his own back there in the back of the pack (and it was a pack!). Didn't get near the ball one single time. But he absolutely loved chasing the other kids and running back and forth. Since he was at the back his coach kept grabbing his hand and running with him to go find the ball. It was so cute and nice of her. Her little girl was the crying kid this game! Poor thing.
There was only one narrow escape of a throw down. All of a sudden I see Ian throw down and land face first in the grass just off the field. And I mean face down, that's where he stopped and stayed. The game continued... So I hop up and run around to the end of the field and I said "Ian, hop up! Rub dirt in it!" And he just gave me a big huge grin, it up and went running off!
Duncan was actually a bit better at getting in there that I expected! Soccer is the perfect start to competitive sports because you just have to kick the ball, that's it. I mean, it helps if you know how to turn it around or get it to and in the net, but let's remember who we are here and start off easy! Matthew was supposed to be coaching but he can't for these first few games so Tracy was subbing.
I have the hardest time watching Duncan not stay focused. The amount of directing (and redirecting) that we have to do around here is insane and on the field is the same problem. Someone needs to just tell him to go find the ball about every other minute. If not... Well, he is sitting, pulling grass, punching Tracy in the bum... You know, not playing. He kind of lost interest about 3/4 of the way through the game.
There was one kid on the other team that was just throwing elbows when they were all around the ball. I kind of felt bad for all the other little black team mates because he was a little bully but I guess they just need to learn to get in there and throw them back!
I was proud of Duncan for staying with the pack and having fun, he had a blast! Yay soccer!
It was cold too! Brrrrrr! And I do NOT fit in with those soccer moms, especially since I have been trying to get my work-out in during nap time! I better buy some make-up or... something. Ha!
Now we just need to get outside and practice which sounds fun but actually getting outside with the boys is a little tricky!
I had a battle with Asher this morning, Matthew said he imagined it was quite the scene with stubborn fighting stubborn. He is getting a bit more defiant and testing his limits and he did NOT want to put his train up so he could eat lunch. He finally just threw his plate! What? Oh no you didn't! So I took that train and every other train I could find and they went down the stairs (where they belong anyway, they were just slowly creeping up!). He just kept peeking around stuff to give me the stink eye. Then it happened, I saw the side of his mouth twitch like he might smile to try and warm me over again. He came up to the counter and started eating like a normal human being and was super cheery after that! I don't think he has any clue why I don't want him to have the train and what started the battle though so I am sure we will revisit!
Granted, I didn't start the morning off all that great because I was battling it out with Dylan's pump! Already rushed in the morning I don't have time to slowly syringe feed Dylan's whole breakfast but alas, it's what I found myself doing. What a pain. Thank goodness a new pump was delivered by the time she needed her second feeding!
Duncan said "mom look at me, I am dancing in slow ocean!" And Ian, observing me changing Asher's diaper the other day said "He's poopy? You don't eat poop, not Asher's poop, not dog poop, not Mushi's poop." Yes sir, good job mister.
Duncan also told me how to have another baby... He told me I needed to eat lots and lots of food and get really big and then a baby would come out. I told him I was going to stop eating which, to someone who wants 150 more siblings, this sounds like a terrible idea!
The sans Asher picture was blurry. Asher is bombing this one. He LOVES my shoes. He goes and gets them out of the laundry room and wears them, well... usually one since he can't walk in two... ANYway. Cute big soccer boy ready for his first game!
Pulling grass. Yea, the ball is in play...
Graceful!
Other cute big soccer boy ready for HIS first game!
Making friends!
He gets stuck but doesn't learn his lesson. Must be fun.
Handsome baby! I love this face! Look at his fuzzy head!












No comments:
Post a Comment