Friday, March 30, 2012

To infinity and... Beeyooooonnnn

I got in to a ridiculous medicine emergency and I was so ticked at myself! I thought I had an extra bottle of Dylan's seizure med in the cabinet and so when we have been upping it I have just been going along with it like it's no big deal. I have it on a plan for the pharmacy to send it as soon as they can and I noticed when we were running low it wasn't supposed to be filled until the end of the month. So I go to grab the extra bottle and I was making it all up. NOTHING.

Ugh! I had four days of meds left!! I hate when my dumb mistakes end up being and emergency for someone else but here I was, calling Paula on the phone and having her call in a prescription. And, we were going to have to pay for it since insurance is saying we aren't due yet. Lame! And not only that, but trying to make things easier for Paula I now have to get the new 90 script from her by mail and snail mail it to the place!

But while I had Paula on the phone she upped her med by another half pill, so 2.5 in the am and 2.5 in the pm to see if that curbs the spasms. She said maybe talking to her was for the better anyway since we were going to change it again. She just asked if they make her more tired and they don't, she is starting to sleep less and I imagine that has more to do with her age. I thought that they were getting better after this last uppage but last night she had a set and they made her gasp every time. Miserable. But she seemed fine after, tired though. They happen when she is tired anyway, and then it's all over!

She has an EEG next week, and we will just make sure they aren't harmful. Unfortunately Paula will be out of the office for a few days after so unless they have the results ready on that day, we may not get the results until she gets back. Unless it's bad though, whatever.

We will be working hopefully this weekend on getting an iPod set up for Dylan's room with a docking station. Girl loves music and we put a cd player in her room and have to try and remember to restart the CD all the time (the songs aren't long enough!) Duncan even knows how to start it. (Cute!) I am hoping that loading all these little baby songs and some classical on an iPod we can have music on in there all day. If she is in the living room and goes in the hall and hears music, she will go hang out in her room for a while because she likes it so much. Apple stuff is pricey though! But we have some old ones we will try and use and figure something out! Otherwise, girl will be getting an iPod for her birthday!

Ian is the most huggable lovable kid ever lately, he is hugging me constantly and passing out kisses. Like, all the time. Like every time he sees you even if he just did it 60 seconds ago, he's a little lover. He was grumpy for a little while so it's funny to see him so lovey dovey! He is talking a lot more too, he says just about everything but you can't really understand it. We have been watching entirely too much "Wooooody!" because if you say things like "there's a snake in my...", "yeeeeee... " and "to infinity and..." he will happily finish the sentence. It's pretty cute. Every single time he has the "mote" he says "Woooody, dee dee dee dee dee dee." I have seen it. So. Many. Times. When it starts he gets excited and says "choo choo!" because of the train scene at the beginning!

Asher on the other hand... He is the grumpy one! So grumpy! He would much rather watch TV then smile at you! He is still super cute. Just a one year old who is cutting molars! Matthew and I were talking about when Ian was the same way. Little stinkers with attitude problems! He is still not interested in walking, if you move him away from the couch and holding on he goes rubber legged. Why walk when you are the fastest crawler alive?

Meanwhile my cute nephew Owen who is slightly younger is practically ready to join the track team! They are out of town but we got to FaceTime and see Owie the other day. He needs to come home.

Not too much on Duncan, he is as cute as ever, just a little boy now! Good boy, lots of energy, but such a good boy. It is spring break this week and it's been a bit of a challenge to keep him entertained but we try. He likes to trip his brothers (such a boy thing!) and it drives me bonkers! This morning he was fumbling his way through singing a Thomas song and he actually did several lines, he thought I wasn't listening. Adorable. He is very excited for the Easter bunny and said in his prayers last night "Please bless that the Easter bunny come and leave candy in my train" when I thought the prayer was over. I love that he is starting to add his own things and of course it involves candy!

I took some videos of Dylan walking in her new braces for her PT and stopped to take a photo.


This is what happens when you fake your way through a morning nap!


Cutest. Video. Ever. My little "counter" was told by Duncan to count while Duncan kid. This is what you get. At one point he says "yea I'm counting!" Apparently we don't have to work on five or two!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

If it makes you feel any better, my son got his first tooth on his first birthday and didn't walk until he was 15 months old. He did develop an oustanding crab walk on hot sidewalks :-) And he barely knew the alphabet when he started kindergarten - his undergrad degree is in English (creative writing) and his masters in school administration (he's an assistant principal). He turned out just fine...

Wendy said...

Shan!! Just read your news on FB!! Congrats!!