Monday she still had some blisters on her left hand and those can be contagious so no school again. Duncan had a fever so no school for him either. (Yea... That's right, he has a fever now. Yikes!) A few blisters on her toes look slightly infected but not too bad at this point so I am just putting Neosporin on them until they heal. The ones on her hands are going down, I don't think they will pop or break open at this point, they seem to be healing.
In the meantime, I have heard from a few people that a common place to get Hand, Foot and Mouth is the church nursery if the toys are not washed a lot. (Barf) I looked at the timing her and guess what? It's highly likely that's where she got it. I am so bummed about it too because we got church all figured out and then this happened. I was going to call the bishop and ask about who washes the toys and how frequently (there are too many or else I would go pick them up and do them myself!) but Matthew would rather not worry about it and just take her with him to his classes. Argh and disgusting at the same time.
I have been forgetting to mention that Dylan has given up the binki. 100% gone. Just one day she was over them, likely because she can't breath. She now goes to sleep on top of some sort of stuffed animal, face down, but the animal kind of props her head up and helps her breath. So, we didn't push the issue and we pulled them all, and that's that. It's been about two weeks now without them and she doesn't even notice.
Matthew is back at work today and I am not sure I am ready for him to not be working form home! It was nice having him here even on the days he was stuck in his office on the phone all day. I knew if I needed to run somewhere with a couple kids while the other couple were napping I could. Especially after being quite home bound because of Dylan!
Mama had a birthday over the weekend, yahoo! Duncan and Matthew went and got cake and balloons to celebrate and what birthday cake would be complete without 35 little holes poked in the top of it? That's right, recipe for a fire! But we made it through. Is it a coincidence that I might have found my first gray hair this past week too? (I am not sure, I couldn't tell if it was gray or one of my blond highlights, but I think it might have been gray, it was extra shiney! I will have Jill look next time she does my hair.
We have a few great shots or random play-doh facial hair...

It was falling off. So cute.

I know a couple of kids who were excited about mom's birthday cake!

Wow, he made a mess! He was attacking the cake!

Cute girl sleeping... With no binki

I don't think this picture accurately shows how adorable and little he is. He just stands by this table and watches TV. (Little addict!) I tried to get a picture but he looked every time the red light from the camera shined on him!

Finally, SNOW! Daddy got to pull out the snow thrower for the first time this season and the big boys had a lot of fun watching him!
No comments:
Post a Comment