Shannon and Tracy's nephew Spencer is also in the same class, he has Down Syndrome. I haven't seen him there yet since I stick to the car... But hopefully Duncan will get to know him. Right now he doesn't understand what I am saying when I tell him who Spencer's aunt and uncle are... He just gets excited to talk about Charlotte!
Shelley said Dylan did well on school but she had a bad day that day so hopefully if that's a good day, it will only get better! She said she had her walk all the way to the bathroom (which doesn't mean a whole lot to my four fans... But it's really far). She said Dylan was like, 'okay, let's be done alright?'
It's going to be a big year for Dylan I am sure! Her IEP is due in October and we will have to see where she is in her goals. She is now doing really well on the walking goals. The biggest leaps in progress were over the summer! I am sure they did the prep work though!
That reminds me, we need to buy more PT sessions with Mike, we are out and I just haven't had a chance to go in an schedule more.
Speaking of scheduling, major mistake on my part (maybe?) in scheduling Asher's six month appointment. I called to see when it was because he's seven months this week... And, well, yea. They don't have one for him. I know I made them... Because I sat in their office for a while when she was doing the scheduling because it took forever. We were trying to combine Asher and Ian's last appointment, then Asher's six month would be alone, and then together again for Asher's 9 and Ian's 2. That's as far as we scheduled... But, well. Nothing in the system and we only went to the first together appointment. My bad for not noticing sooner but I know, I KNOW I did it. (Repeat after me, I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy.) Not scheduling something and/or missing something is SO not like me, no matter how much I have going on. However, I don't save my appointment cards so it is what it is.
We spent some more time on the phone trying to get them scheduled since Dr. Ped's well-child appointments are scheduling into December(!!!). December 23rd actually. She made a squeeze to get Asher in Monday afternoon and then the sweet sweet nurse there agreed to let me bring in all four kids for an appointment in early December. (The D's four year!) Normally they only do two kid's well child appointments together, not four, not even back to back separate appointments. They don't even like them to be on the same day. So yay Eldene.
Matthew and I had our first American Sign language class this week too. Wow. Wow. Pretty overwhelming! Just like learning any other language I suppose! We learned so much in one night, we had to pass off the alphabet, we counted to thirty, we learned colors and then a TON of other random words, including things in the classroom. Matthew and I have been trying to review it all in the last couple of days in an attempt to retain it all. So glad he is coming with me!!
My niece Eden got her Driver's Liscense so she is actually coming down to sit when she can, which is most class nights except a week next month when she has her play at school. She is worth her weight that kid... She plays AND cleans! And we don't even have to pay her! (Winky Eden!)
The class was pretty large, they are splitting it into two but one of the teachers was way late so are doing it next week. They are separating them randomly... One of the teachers has very little hearing, she is an older woman who seems like she would be kind of strict. But you know you would learn a ton. The other guy is completely deaf and he is hilarious, really super funny... And all over place. He was just teaching us any word that comes to mind with little rhyme or reason! Very different teaching styles, both effective. So we will have to see who we get!
We did bring Asher with us and it was fine. He was pretty well behaved and it was a very casual environment so Eden only gets stuck with three kids.
I told Dyaln's aide Shelley that we were in classes and she was very excited. Which doesn't say much, she's excited about everything! She is deaf and has very little hearing from hearing aide's, relying mostly on lip reading. She will be a great resource for us!
Obligatory first day of school picture. Not easy my friends, not easy...

My little cute boy puts toysin his feet to be able to see and playwith them with his hands. He is really a monkey. This toy you push on the flowers to have it play music and he is holding it with his feet and pushing on the flowers with his hands.

My two boys that look the most alike watchign TV. Naughty baby.

This video is so funny, it just shows how silly Ian is. Wait for it... it's awesome.
Here's a video of Dyln walking. She has been all over lately (and this was even a week ago). It's pretty fun having her cruising around.
3 comments:
Dylan is amazing!!! Very fun pics! Good luck in your sign language class!
Look at her go!! Dylan is doing awesome. :)
Wow, now that I have been off Facebook, I realize how much I am out of the loop... the video of Dylan cruising is AMAZING!!! It brought tears to my eyes watching her get around...simply amazing. You must be so happy and so proud. I am!! :)
Post a Comment