Tuesday, September 20, 2011

VCMV & ABR

Dylan had her tests last Friday and did swimmingly! Matthew took her because Duncan had school, and having the kids ready before I would have left would have been just too much to ask! Matthew had to have her up there by 8:00 to check in. She was scheduled for the full sedation at 8:30. It was the real deal, nothing but clear liquids after midnight, no food at all after 6:30.

As a recap, she was having a bladder study done (we will have to do this once a year) and she was having an ABR test done on her ears because she was missing some ranges in her left ear when they tested using the BEAR test. The bear test is fickle, erring out with movement and with other noises in the room so they weren't sure about how accurate their results (or lack thereof) were anyway.

We are so lucky that Matthew has a job that he is able to take her in and do these things with her. He took a vacation day (and still worked via smart phone) but not all jobs let you take a day here and a day there like he can. I am also very lucky that the is so willing to take her! He is very involved, and I think he would have even been sad to have missed it.

However, having daddy go, I get information like "her ears are perfectly fine" actually he added "her give-a-crap is just busted". (Funny!) But then I get the report in the mail and while her ears are "normal" she is still missing out in some ranges. I have no idea what it means, and we played the range she cannot hear and it's an annoying sound... But I am not sure if we are reading the report correctly. I think I might just have to call my buddy Jen who knows about these types of things. I am sure she will explain it in the terms mommy needs!

And, as far as the bladder study goes, no changes. Neurogenic bladders can go either way, they can get better or worse, thankfully hers stayed the same. She doesn't empty completely so keep on cathing 3 or 4 times a day.

She did great with the sedation and was just groggy for several hours after.

Big thanks to all who were thinking of us and sorry I hadn't had a chance to post the results sooner!

Duncan is just growing before my eyes lately and I can't even stand it. He says too many funny things every day that I can't even keep track... BUT, he does have a little problem saying his L's... Remember how we got a lot of play time out of "bridge"? The other day Matthew and Duncan were out shoppng and daddy said "let's make like a tree and leaf" and then followed with "let's make like a shepard and get the flock out of here." Are you seeing where the problem would be? Yea... Maybe too irreverent to get good use out of!

A couple weeks ago while we were at the cabin Ami took these pictures of our family. There were like twenty people on the sidelines helping out. It was quite the project! I just told her keep on clicking! They turned out great! Check that off the list... For a few months anyway!





This one's my favorite. Look at Dylie's cute little face! She's looking at her Uncle Michael!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your family pics! So cute!!