Now, if Dylan ever talks, I won't complain if she ever talks back. m kay?
Dylan got new AFOs, they are very blue with butterflies and very cute and adorable. And bigger than what she had, a lot bigger. When we went in to get casted I told Dylan she was going to walk as good as the guy who was doing the mold and he said "Oh yea, she has the potential to walk better than me one day!" He wears AFOs, and has since he was about 13. I am not sure what his diagnosis is, but he said he had them and that's how he got interested in the business.
So I had to ask some questions.
I asked him if it felt good to get new AFOs. Here's me thinking that if you are outgrowing them and they are getting tight and not fitting right you would breath a sigh of relief when you got a new pair. Nope, not the case. He said it's more along the lines of a great pair of old tennis shoes. It seems as soon as you get them all broken in and the plastic's getting softer and they are getting comfy, BAM! It's time for a new pair. And they are hard and uncomfortable.
Hence a new breaking in period, just a few hours the first day, gradually building up to having them on nearly all the time over the course of a couple of weeks!
Who knew? So there you have it AFO moms. Interesting right?
The D's had their end of the year school program on Tuesday and Duncan was naughty, he refused to sing, or even stand up with the other kids for that matter. He was naughty, not shy, naughty... since he knew I wasn't going to climb over all the other parents heads to get to him and make him stand! So funny. In this area he definately did not take after dad. LouAnn said "Yea, his dad wouldn't be hiding behind the chair, he would be standing on it!"
So there he was, the only one not singing "I'm a little teapot." Silly goose.
Meanwhile, Dylan loved it, she loves singing and Itsy Bitsy Spider is one of her favorites!
We had a big day because afterwards we went to grandma LouAnn's to play with lots of cousins. (Aunt Meggie had Ian so mom could go to the show) The neighbor's sport court had a huge mud puddle right in the middle of it and when boys were walking through it Duncan just looked longingly and tried to hike up his jeans. I leaned out and told him it was okay to get wet, he siad "It's okay?" when I said yes he got so excited "It's okay, thanks mom!" and away in the puddle he went.
We should have known what we got ourselves in to. After a short while they were swimming in it. Muddy, nasty water. Duncan's face was BLACK! Blech! So everyone was stripped down, marched to the basement bathroom and there stood five nekked muddy boys! So funny. They seemed to have a blast but man their clothes were nasty!
Meanwhile the others did damage enough, my HUGE drink got dumped everywhere when I wasn't looking (I think I was counting heads... and missing one at the time). Ian pulled over grandma's spider plant, he loves to pull the leaves off, and sometimes he has to pull hard to make it happen. Turns out if you pull hard enough... Yup, the whole plant, upside down. Good times. Maybe I shouldn't have made that drink run! (And well, since the drink got dumped out anyway...)
This is the last week of preschool but Dylan has summer school, and I can't break Duncan's heart (or buy him a cookie every time Dylan had to go to school) so I am planning on having him go to school too. They only had Dylan down for three times a month through summer, but they have a summer program so I am not exactly what the hours are or when she will go, or just him on some days, I have no clue. Probably ought to figure that out at some point.
Small medium and large - Not in that order though




No comments:
Post a Comment