Monday, May 9, 2011

Back into the routine

Settling back into the routine if having daddy home has been great. Though, my house isn't nearly as clean as it is when Eden's here... I miss her. For more reason's than that (but that's a biggie).

On Friday night Eden and I took all the kiddos to Chloe's birthday party... Which begs the question, once you meet an imaginary friend, are they still imaginary? I might have to ask Matthew that question. Any who, Chloe turned four and her mom was having a little celebration in town and Eden and I thought it would be fun to go. It was fun, Duncan was running around the gym like a mad man, he kept revisiting the treat table and eating some sort of blue candy that turned his whole mouth and lips blue. He also thought the gum ball machine was great. He's never had gum, whenever he asks for it I tell him he can have it when he's five. I saw him chewing and chewing away and realized he was chewing on gum, he did fine, of course. He was very proud of himself.

When we got home I told him to yell dad what he had that he wasn't supposed to have until he was 5 and he said "GUM!!" all excited like.

Chloe is just as adorable as she looks on all of her pictures. She's very charming, and smiley... I was amazed as I watched Eden interact with her form across the room. Eden leaned in and talked with her as she brushed her hair gently from her forehead and tucked her cute little blond curls behind her ear. Chloe was just grinning away, they instantly connected. When Eden said good bye she leaned in closely and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Later they wheeled Chloe over in her fancy chair so we could get a picture of her and Dylan, so funny... iIt's hard enough to get a great picture of Dylan alone and then combine two Dylan's? So funny.

Speaking if Chloe's chair, Duncan loved it! He's such a mechanics and gears kind if guys that he just loved all the bells and whistles! He kept pulling things and pushing levers and buttons, here was me hoping he didn't do anything to the chair that couldn't be reversed!

Friday turned out to be a very exciting night for us. When Matthew arrived, his bags did not, they took a route through Atlanta (which is funny, because Matthew went no where near Atlanta). They were going to call and deliver them in the middle of the night, so... When the phone rang at about 2:00 am, we weren't surprised.

Looking back, the dog had howled/barked about 20 minutes before the phone rang, I thought he was dreaming, turns out he had heard something,

The call was from the city police dispatch letting us know that there was an officer out front who would like to talk to us, Matthew went out and a few minutes later came in and told me our mailbox was obliterated! My respond "no way! Awesome!" and I change out of jammies and went out with him. Not so awesome it was a drunk driver who plowed through it! She did it and drove off, one of our neighbors heard and followed her to the next neighborhood over where she pulled over. Naughty naughty!

Needless to say we are so happy it was JUST a mailbox since this woman was no where near her home, and said she didn't know anyone in this neighborhood or the next one over. Perhaps nailing our mailbox got her off the streets before she could have gone any further? Hope so, and I hope she gets some help. In the meantime the damage she did was darn impressive!

The rest of the weekend was VERY low key! Matthew just spent Saturday picking up the mess, then a quick visit to my mom's for Mother's Day.

Duncan's been straying busy because the Thomas Fairy (Jill) stopped by again and dropped off some of the coolest tracks EVER to match all the trains she brought before. We have them set up in the entry way, before the kid gate, so he can play on his own without destructo boy Ian knocking it all down. He's been a little spoiled by the fairy, so much so that he saw a commercial the other day and announced that it was something he wanted, then added "I have to wait for Jill to get it first, then I can have it!" Oh yea buddy?

We pick up Dylan's nw AFOs this afternoon, LouAnn will have the boys.



This was the first time Eden went over to visit with Chloe, I couldn't resist taking a picture from accross the room since it was so adorable.


Adorable, Eden didn't want to leave...


This is what happens onEden's watch? Ian was done and out of the tub, guess he didn't think so? Michael and he were in cahoots because Michael distracted Eden and Ian hopped right back in.


Baby Love - This doll was from Jessica and Steve for Christmas but Dylan just recently found the love... Her name is Satin (though how you pronounce that depends on your expeiences with Satin)


Because Satin is one of thoe real life babies or whatever, and she tends to giggle at random times... even in the middle of the night.


Mailboxes before (These are our neighbors...)


Mailboxes after. (That other square topper was on the hood of her car when they found it...)


And this picture shows the tire marks as she went accross our driveway and exited back to the street between those two trees. Nice! (And that's my neighbor Larry, 'Hi Larry!', his wife makes the BEST cookies!)


Helping out.


Picking up car parts. Man I would have loved to see the car!

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

Oh my word, your poor mailbox! It really is obliterated! I'm sorry that happened, but just grateful she didn't hurt anyone. Sheesh!

I'm SO SO SO glad you guys came to the party! It was oh-so fun meeting you and the kiddos. I'm sorry he snuck a gumball! I wish I could have spent more time with you guys, but now that we're not "imaginary" friends anymore, we need to get together again - and soon! I think we're going to try to do a lunch bunch soon, so I'll keep you posted on that.

Love the pix, so fun! :)