Sunday, April 17, 2011

I hate Jazz

Music, I do... Really, hate it. I don't like horns in music, I don't like anything about it. Apparently that's not the right thing to say, but once it's said, I have been surprised how many actually agree! After separate conversations with Matthew and Michael, we have decided that no one really likes it, they just say they do to be cultured and all that. So, jazz festivals must just be an excuse to drink, then again I guess any event with festival in the title probably also fits that description...

Anyway, I bring this up because this week we went to a fund raising event for the children's museum and I was lucky enough to snag the very last available table in the room which happened to be about 10 feet from the... You got it... Jazz band. (I have no doubt why it was the last available table, see previous paragraph.)Needless to say, the littles aren't the biggest fans either since it was the very last thing we did before we left!

Rewind, to the good stuff! So we (Eden and I) packed all the littles up to meet Tracy, Shannon and Charlotte at the museum. They were waiting in the balloon line. After getting a couple of animals (Duncan got a cat) we went to the puppet show. I haven't ever seen a puppet show, neither had the kiddos as far as I knew, and it was pretty cute. however, it did stretch the capacity of Duncan's attention span. By this point Tracy had volunteered to be in charge of Duncan... We watched as he wriggles and wiggled and scooted his chair around. Finally he stood up, turned to his right and started doing "super fast feet" running in place as fast as he possibly could. Shannon and I knew what was coming, he was definitely giving us fair warning. All of a sudden, he charged off! Tracy wasn't as prepared, but after we got his attention he ran off to catch him. So funny.

I was wearing Ian and because of his location he thought he needed to eat, again... So I stayed back after the show while the others continued on. When I was done I found them, it was pretty crowded, Eden and I took all but Duncan and went to find food. The others others were in the outrageously long face painting line but Ian wasn't having sitting still (the puppet show was enough sitting for the evening). After the jazz band chased us off (which I am pretty sure wasn't their intention) Tracy offered to keep Duncan with them and drop him off at home after. So nice!! We handed over the carseat and we were off to home. So nice of Tracy to keep my little runner, he's a busy little person and not the easiest to keep track of!

He had so much fun though, he was even trying to tell me about it the next day. He has so many close little siblings that he doesn't get to do some of the fun things there are out there, however, we have lots of busy fun at home right? Right?

Mom and Bob came over for a visit on Saturday night and Papa Bob offered to take a very rambunctious Duncan on a walk. When we looked out the horses who live across the street were close to the fence so we got them some apples. Again something Duncan might have missed out on if not for mom and Bob because I think horses are... Ewwe... And they have big teeth you know. But mom and Bob like them and we perfectly willing to offer a treat or two! Duncan had fun, he really enjoyed feeding the horse. Ian didn't want much to do with it though.

The other day Duncan was picking his nose and I got are him and told him to go to his room of he was going to pick his nose. About 20 minutes later he ran off and I said "where are you going?" and he said from the hall "I in my room, picking my nose!"

As I was putting him to bed Sunday night I was trying to tell him the sooner he slept the sooner s dad would be home and I said "guess who's coming home tomorrow?" and he got a HUGE grin and said "Belissa!" It was pretty cute, though I don't imagine his dad would think so. I bet Melissa was pleased!

Also when I was feeding and changing Dylan I was cleaning off my voicemail on speaker phone and grandma LouAnn had left two messages" I looked down because Dylan got qet and quit wiggling and she had the biggest smile on her face! She totally recognized LouAnn's voice. It was adorable, for many reasons! Grandma has been out of town for a week and clearly she has been missed, but also, how cool Dylan recognized her and was glad to hear her! This is me beaming!

Matthew comes home today he's been a world traveler having been to Argentina and Brazil for the last week, Eden came over almost every day to help wrangle the kids through the witching hour and bed time. When she wasn't here Michael and Megan were and sometimes everyone. It worked out great until the weekend which is when they have their own lives. Another big HUGE thanks to Ami and Greg for giving Eden a ride over and back, it's so helpful and she's worth every penny! Will be nice to see Matthew again!

Ian didn't love the grass on his tosies.


I didn't get a good shot, I was watching fingers...


He totally got the hang of it.


And he gave it a little pat after.


Gone walking


And Duncan with Papa Bob


He thought he was so big carrying aroud this big rock.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so not a jazz fan. And really not a fan of horns at all. Except in some old Adam Ant songs!! Yes, yes, 80s teen here! Anyway, when I met Isreal guess what he was super into? JAZZ UGH! Luckily he liked lots of music or we would not be married. But being that he was a major band geek in highschool and college (again, ugh!) he loved that stuff. He still tries to get me to go to something called the Scottish games. NO NO NO! So I totally feel for you.

Our Little Corner said...

I hate jazz too, but my husband plays the French Horn and I must say that in the right setting, I do love me some horns. However, it needs to be classical, or something classical-ish (i'm making up words now) but never Jazz....ick. I'm so glad I didn't marry that saxaphonist that I dated once upon a very long time ago.