YAYAYAYAY! Aren't you so proud of her?!
Mike is WONDERFUL! Super aggressive with her which is exactly what she needs because she's stubborn (me looking innocent) and smart and she needs someone to focus that drive that she has to never give up and to keep on trying. Oh yes, girl has drive, it's priceless!
In fact, when Uncle Michael started watching this video he said "I like this guy... he's aggressive." We wish we could afford to have him come every day! He's worth every penny we pay for him (and whatever insurance contributes, if I could get round to filing the claim). He's out of network, but obviously worth it!
And for the record, she's not going to me... she could care less about me. We have a beach ball, a alphabet noisy toy, her cow and a baby lined up on the couch waiting for her!
More videos below!
(Also - take a moment to notice Ian's big fat cheeser at the beginning of the video... think these kids are used to having the camera around?)
Matthew got back from his "vacation" to Mexico last Thursday, he was gone for a few days and I owe a big fat THANKS to Jenna and Eden for coming over at night to help out. (And their mom and dad for giving them the ride, which isn't a short one!) I really appreciate the help and company and Duncan absolutely loves to have them around to play with!
Okay okay, it wasn't really a vacation because it was for work and it was to Mexico City and not some resort town, but I still get to tease him. He gets an awful lot of 'vacations'! As it gets more and more difficult for me to get up and down off the floor to play/feed/change the little ones I have been noticing he's gone more and more! I do get to sleep in every weekend and catch up on my loss of sleep while he's gone and that's just DREAMY (literally!).
I figured out what Ian's doing with his ear... he's not gently playing with it. He pinches it! How do I know this you ask? Well because if you pinch your ear lobe it doesn't hurt, actually, you can barely feel it BUT, if you pinch most other places... say, your chest by your collar bone... it hurts. Bad.
Dylan's all better but Ian has quite the cough happening. It seems to all be in his chest but he's a gagger so he throws up too and we have to be careful. I have been slathering the boy up in baby Vicks under his footy jammies and it actually seems to be working at night. I feel bad for him though, the worst day he couldn't nap because he was coughing so much and he would wake, cough and whine... then sleep, wake, cough and whine again. Thank goodness he seems to be at least sleeping okay. He's actually on the mend too.
The speech therapist at Dylan's school came to the car to talk to me last Thursday and said she had such a great day! She said "She's just so happy!" and I was like YES! So she's noticing a difference in Dylan too. I love it.
Duncan and the iPad (aka:mommy's toy) We just got The Monster at the End of This Book and it's a GREAT book - Duncan loved the book and he loves the app!

Last night Dylan fell asleep sitting up - She has a horrible time breathing through her nose and this apparently worked for her. It's not a great picture... but you get the message. She was OUT too, I tried to pull her hair into a pony and it was wobbling all over so I ended up having to lay her down to do it! Night vision camera shot!

Ian's proud too! (This screen capture looks like Mike's going to slap Ian, but I assure you he's not...)
My baby has balance!
And - Parenting at it's finest...
10 comments:
Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! I am SO proud of her! And her bangs look super cute. :)
Go Dylie go!!!
Hugs,
E
What determination!! So great that you caught all of this on video. She's come a long way and should be very proud of herself.
Congrats!!
Yay! Great job Dylan!!!
Cute kids! I followed a link from a friend in Sweden- Johanna, who also has a little child with Holoprosencefali. Thanks for charing!
the first video - i watched it once, and then started reading. and when you mentioned ian's little cheeser i had to watch it again. i laughed out loud! your kids are so adorable!!! hurray for dylan!
She is one tough cookie! I love the video where Ian gave her a big kiss after she walked, too cute!
I also would like to point out, your daughter is a big flirt! Putting her hands up at the PT like "I can do that too" :)
Thanks everyone! Yes, the bangs are brand new, and a SUPER good call by my sister in law!
And Rachel - That may have been a bite, but we will say 'kiss' and run with it! =)
Shannon! Trish referred me to your blog. I am also a volunteer at IMC's NICU. I had a 23 weeker and we're struggling with A FEW, and only a few, of the battles you're fighting with your precious little Dylan. She is ADORABLE and I was so thrilled to watch these awesome videos of her WALKING! What a miracle! My little Owen has been trying to walk for some time and we just picked up Mike as our therapist. He is extremely optimistic for us :) Anyway, I don't want to write a novel but I couldn't help but share my excitement for you! I will follow your blog often.
Yay! I am glad Trish passed out my blog. I soooo wish I still had time to go in but it's just in the cards for me at this point. I keep connected with other families through the blog and FaceBook and try to do my part! =) Congrats on getting Mike! He is the BEST! I thought he was a little crazy when he said Dylan would be walking by May or June this year but... maybe he's more sane than I thought? Good to hear from you, I love when new people find my blog. Thanks for your comment.
Post a Comment