We had quite the list to go over for my little Dylan, we got the handicap parking DMV paperwork so we could go apply for that whenever we want now. Not that we need it most days, but when we do, it would be nice! We got a letter for the Parks and Rec people to get the pass to all the National and State parks. That will also come in handy... she's earning her keep! *wink* *wink* We also got an order for her PT as well as a test for Fatty Liver disease. They have noticed a link with Holoprosencephaly and Fatty Liver and at the conference they mentioned that kids should be tested. It's a fasting test though... so no nutritive food until after the poke.
Beause of that fasting business, I called Dr. Endo to see if we could get an order for the tests that they will be running on the 2nd so we could bundle them together and do them on Monday, before her Endo appointment. That way it will save us from two separate pokes or them having to deal with a starving Dylan. I left a message to fax it to Primary's lab or to perhaps... send the order home with Trina where I could run over and pick it up!! I didn't hear back today but she has until Monday to let me know what the plan is. Fatty liver disease... I don't even want to Google it!
The part of the appointment that took the longest as getting all of their vax's straightened out. The cards weren't up to date and in the last 6 months or so they switched from paper filing to a computer and things were all sort of mixed up. They got it all figured out which meant no more pokes for the kids! I was concerned since their vax cards did show them missing some that are required by the school.
I also had them cath Dylan to culture again... I think the pickle has another infection but it's still earlier than I would take her in. Since they like to make sure they are gone (pshaw...) they like to do it anyway and if it is positive it will save me from a trip in a few days! I didn't hear back today but I wouldn't normally hear back until tomorrow and our Dr. Ped is out of the office on Wednesdays anyway.
Duncan's 33 lbs and Dylan's 21... 7 maybe? Shoot, I meant to note that! I have it written somewhere around here since they give you the chart - and now they are on the big kid chart too!! Again, she's on her own curve but doing well and she's actually gained some in the weight department. I was a little afraid she wasn't. And I was already bracing for night pump feeds, but yay! Double yay! She's doing well, in spite of her crazy schedule and sometimes missing feeds due to napping. I mean, there's only so much food we can pour into her! And I know we are lucky, l u c k y, that we can bolus feed!
While we were there he asked about Ian since he noticed we had been in over the weekend. He grabbed him and took a peek in his ears. He said there was still a lot of fluid but it was clear now so he's on the mend. I was grateful he took a look in there, un prompted... and not paid for. He's great.
On Monday we have our visit to the lab and Dylan's appointment with Dr. Endo. It's a regular appointment though, they will just measure her and up her meds if she's big enough. Tuesday we have a daddy anticipated visit with Dr. ENT as an over-due follow up to her pyroform aperture stenosis repair. We are probably supposed to go in once a year for that and it's been only... oh... two and a half maybe? She really can't breath through her nose but I don't think there's much they can do about it. I could be wrong though, so Matthew had me set up the appointment. On Wednesday she's having her VCMG, bladder x-ray deal-e-o, and then the bladder study which I assumed were the same thing but the Urology department had me set up two different appointments (8:15 and 10:00). Also after a shorter appointment we might run to GI so they can measure her button since we haven't done that in 6 months or so. She's been in the same button size since they put it in... she was short and fat and now she's tall and skinny!
All three appointment days the boys will be staying with Aunt Ami. Hooray for her living on the way to the hospital and actually liking them enough to deal with them for three days in a row. I swear I am not trying to change the her liking them part by a little over-load... hopefully it will work out and in the end she will be willing to take them again. I think Dylan's Spina Bifida clinic is due in December!
Today I gave Dylan an oral feeding of Lemon pudding in which she was like a baby bird. From the first to the last bite, full on open mouth. No singing, no music... no first taste! I was so impressed I decided to try the cup with the thickened liquid and she drank a full ounce, a drink at a time. Also opening her mouth like a little birdie. I think she would have even done more than an ounce but she started to get tired of me and I am trying to keep things pleasant, especially when she does so well!
I took pictures, she was beaming! I think she was pretty darn proud of herself! (Or she could tell I was!)

So I just kept taking them...

And taking them...

Isn't she cute?!

And, on a more serious note... not sure what this was all about, she was deep in thought. Notice no bib though, this is HUGE. She started drooling like crazy nearly a year ago and it's slowed up in the recent weeks. *knock on wood* not sure why... but, we are loving it! Hooray!

This kid emptied the wipe box out one wipe at a time, and I was right there! He was too quiet, I should have known! He was also very proud of himself but none of the pictures of him on his back, smiling with a waving wipe in each hand, turned out.

Does he look as guilty as he was?!
3 comments:
You have such beautiful babies! I think your Dylan is the toughest and most determined little girl I've ever "known"...well stalked via a blog :). I just love reading updates on your family and your sweet kiddos!
I love these pictures of Dylan, I love that she is looking right at you and is smiling and looks so super happy! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Ladies!
Post a Comment