Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting our cake on!

We had a little get together for yummy cake and ice cream (and yes... more presents...) for the twins on Saturday and it was good fun. I still can't believe they are already three!

The cake was only slightly better than last time. I had contemplated going all out and getting a really cool, really nice cake, but then I changed my mind. whatever happened to my idea of being low-key until they make me do something otherwise. ("What? You are supposed to have friends over for birthdays? Mommy never knew!") So we just went with a generic Buzz and Woody cake. They were out of Thomas... Boo.

Woody looked like he had an accident when traveling to the 'throne' but at least it was something slightly better than what I would have walked in to the store the same day to get!(Oh my gosh... after all that? I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CAKE! Whoopsie!)

Duncan hadn't yet gotten over the thrill of the new train mom and dad got him the day before when he got yet another one from grandma! We kept trying to get him to open the other presents and he would look and go "Yay, more presents!" and then "TRAAAAIIIIIIINNN!" as he would look back at me trying to fight the new train out of the box.

So funny. It was a little bit of a battle getting him away from the trains and then to bed. He's in love, we really won out in the train department.

He did take a little bit of a breather from the train this morning to discover some of the other presents. He got a cool garbage truck (recycle truck?) which is great because we go watch the garbage truck every Friday that we can actually catch it doing it's thing. FYI - The little person that came with the truck he is calling the "Garbage boy" rather than the garbage man, ha! Also some big lego blocks which came with a car... that get this... connects to a car that he already had. So another train? Winner!

Dylan got a crazy baby that I swear is alive and watched us sleeping. I am not sure what set the thing off but I am pretty sure lights and movement around it do? If you flip on the light it gives it's creepy giggle and a wiggle. (Yea... uhmmm. Thanks? ;) ) She got more great music toys too.

Ian is really loving this birthday thing! He thinks that there needs to be a birthday around here ALL the time because he is enjoying nearly every one of Dylan's toys! Also Duncan's garbage truck if it's within reach. We got Dylan a cube chair (she does really well sitting in them) and Ian thinks it's his personal walker. He's also climbed up on it... and fallen, several times.

Friday he climbed up and over a stool and cut above one of his teeth. It bled... a lot... marking the first time his mom has seen a self-inflicted owie on him, ever. Boo. I am sure there will be plenty more to come!

He didn't sleep well that night and I wasn't sure if it was just his face being sore of if his ears had a little something to do with it. He's been playing with them a little since the last infection but I know these things take time to resolve so I wasn't sure but decided to run in to the doctor and sure enough! Both ears. The doctor said if it wasn't what had kept him up the previous night it would have kept him up that night... so it was a good catch. Ian was really, surprisingly cooperative with the doctor through all the checks too. He was being very mellow.

This kid loves opening mail - I figured grandmas and grandpas wouldn't mind if he helped Dylan open hers too!

Told ya.


This toy isn't made anymore - Dylan's VT brought it over ad I loved it so I hunted one down!

Creepy baby stare down. Look at Dylan's furrowed brows!

Awwe, a love! Or a drooly one puffed up cheek zrbt.

Oh... she looooves the creepy baby!

Ian loving this birthday thing!


New traaaaaiiin!


It's all about the cards I tell you... and this card from Jessica was ADORABLE, he loved it!


Getting into a present as big as he is!


Is this excitement or what?!


Ian can play with the toys too!!

I want to play too dad!!


He kepts putting one little teeny finger in their mouth...


Everyone wanted a turn with these! One was from Aunt Traci and Uncle Shane and the other one Dylan bought herself with some of the money that fell out of those envelopes! They harmonize, we had to get two!


Checking out the new Raggity Ann


Wish I was closer... but I couldn't let on to the picture taking. She's playing with Shane's phone...


Telling stories to grandma


Showing how it's done


So, SO mad this is blurry!

I snuck in to take this a few minutes ago, she is snuggling with her Dressy Betsy!! So cute. (FYI - The flash set off creepy baby! Creeeeepy!)

No comments: