Was nothing really... lol I don't know how much she's grown since last time but she's definately grown since they upped the amount of her shot. We went to get blood drawn from the hospital and they got it, first poke... that's like three times in a row, two? I can't remember but it's good. Once a hard stick, not always a hard stick? I hope? Knocking on wood there.
We have Spina Bifida Clinic next Friday and I will see a growth chart when we meet with the nutritionist there. Which brings me to another point... Dylan's formula got approved through insurance!! Color me shocked. The day we went to the splash pad with Jill I spent time on the phone with the home health provider and I was told United only covers formula for one specific gastrointestinal diagnosis, and it was not something Dylan has! The woman I spoke with said she will go ahead and put the formula on hold while we wait for preapproval results and she called me back today. Apparently she hadn't heard back so she had someone call United and it was approved. We were both shocked, she said they are real sticklers.
On to fighting the good fight for diapers. When I called United and inquired about diapers the rep told me they weren't specified either way so I would need to fax them for approval. And it would take 60-90 days or something rediculous like that for them to get back to me. I asked the Home health rep (a different one) about it and she said Medicaid and Medicare are the only ones she knows of that approve diapers for people with neurological disorders but not necessarily Spina Bifida. I mentioned Dylan's HPE and she said she would be a candidate for diapers if she had secondary insurance with Medicaid or Medicare but she doesn't so we are on our own with this one. I think she will qualify for it when she's 18 or something like that... when her disability SSI kicks in, but I am not sure. I am still going to fax them to see what they say, it's worth a shot. I will have the GI doctor write a script when she goes in in August and we shall see!
I am just as happy as can be about the formula though, it was a shock and it will be better for her than the whole milk with infant formula that we have been giving her.
Uhmmm.. what else, what else... one of Ian's teeth is crooked. I didn't want him to get teeth because I loved the toothless smile but they are pretty cute, and the slightly crooked one makes it even cuter.
Duncan's been fighting a fever for going on 24 hours now, and he hates the medicine. "No mecine, no mecine!" He fell asleep on the couch and I took him into bed and realized he was still hot, a couple hours after Ibuprofen, and decided to give him Tylenol. I bribed him with his vitamin and told him it would make him feel better. Rigth after he took it, with eyes he could barely keep ope he said "Feel better mama!" Ha, right... poor kids pretty lethargic. We must all be getting sick because the other two kids' and my nose has been running all day. BOO to summer colds!
No new pictures on my camera but I figured I couldn't get away without posting much longer so here's a post with no pictures. I will get some this weekend, we are doing fireworks Friday, going to mom's cabin for a BBQ and then Elijah and Matilda's blessings are on Sunday.
2 comments:
May not have been much, but I got to play!
Glad to hear you were able to get the formula approved! It was such a relief to us (and our wallets!) when our insurance started covering Abby's formula! I'll be curious to see how far you get with the diapers!
Post a Comment