Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family Fun Day - and More!

There was another free family event today, the Family Fun Day, a once a year thing that they do for friends and family members of a child in Early Intervention.

Traci and I packed up the kiddos and went bright and early, it started at 9:30, and it was a good thing because even then it was HOT. It was at a farm they have here where there are roads, fields, animals and all that jazz. You can go visit the farm and see the animals any time. It's were I took Roman and Noah's pictures as well as these kids' (the fall ones at the top of the page). I couldn't believe the cars that were already there when we got there! We got there just in time really, back of the parking lot without having to worry about where to park. For this event they had face painting, balloons, hay rides, bounce houses, treats and more. We had time to do the first three things and then it was time to pick up. We missed out on the refreshments and it was HOT. We kind of ran into the last bit, some crackers and a grape popsicle which was good enough.

We probably wouldn't have even had time for that but divide and conquer! Traci and I split up to stay in the lines for face painting and the balloons. She was up first where Abbi wanted a 'dog' face. She got the most sparkly, princessy, pink doggy face ever. Duncan was up next and when she asked what he wanted he said that he wanted what Abbi got! The lady asked if she should do pink too but Traci said no... thanks Traci. Ha!

Next balloons where the clown was craaank-y. I noticed a sign up front where it had balloon choices and you could choose one of three things. I wasn't sure what that was all about since it wasn't anywhere near the clown but we soon found out. Apparently someone wanted a dog and the clown told her if she had to do a dog for 7 people she would be there all day! All rude like! Must not have been one of the three up front eh? Dylan got a pink rattle, Duncan got a blue one, Abbi got a pink shaky wand with a heart on the top and Greg got a cool green and silver sword. Three and a half of them lasted only until 1/2 way through the line to the hay ride! Dylan's was the only one that wasn't being manhandled so only part of it popped. Abbi's face when hers popped was darn near priceless though. Needless to say, she was very sad.

The hayride was really fun which I did not expect! I expected it to be far more dusty and bumpy than it ended up being. Even Dylan seemed to kind of enjoy herself! Out in the sun and everything. A big change, my girl does not like being in the sunshine normally, maybe she's getting used to it? She really seemed quite happy about the whole thing.

We ran into Dylan's vision therapist Linda as well as Sarah and the guy that has been coming with Sarah to see Dylan for a little while. Which, I feel bad about not remembering his name because I like him TONS more than Sarah! Whooopsie. He and his wife have three under three, or under four... I can't remember. He mentioned it once when he said his house looks similar with all the toys strewn about all over.

Matthew has been working so hard on the yard and it really is looking so good out there! It started with curbing and then he recruited Ami for help on which trees and plants to buy and where to put everything. He got 5 or 6 trees last weekend and then last night they went and picked up a whole bunch of plants. They are out there, but not planted yet. I can't wait to see everything when it's done. I got a peach tree out of the deal already and we have plans to plant raspberries! So excited for raspberries. I know Duncan will love going out there and picking them! Meanwhile I was able to get the first little zucchinis out of the garden yesterday, three! YUM! I steamed me one for lunch yesterday and plan to do another for a snack today. We have four plants so there will be plenty to go around eventually.

We went swimming this week, just for a couple of hours which was PERFECT. It's quite an endeavor... Duncan's not sure of himself in the water yet and I have to haul out the pack and play and toys for Dylan to have a place to be. Luckily there were a lot of helping hands there (Ami's whole crew) and Todd (of Terri and Todd) was there swimming with his son Ashton. He adores the babies in the family and he took Ian swimming almost the whole time. It was SO helpful while I was in the water with Duncan trying to teach him to be more confident. Hooray for helpers! All three kiddos fell asleep and easily transferred into the house for a good early afternoon nap.

Duncan calls his Uncle Michael Kiko, "Uncle Kiko is here!" Which is pretty cute and something I want to remember. There were a few other Duncanisms I wanted to document but I forget, boo.

Matthew bought this blender thing called the "Magic Bullet", have you seen these things? There's an infomercial apparently. I knew nothing about it and told him we already had a blender and we didn't need another which went no where when it fell on deaf ears. So we now have a this Magic Bullet and... I LOVE it. We are having so much fun making all kind of juices with it. It's pretty convenient because you blend right in the cup, not a separate pitcher so it's much easier to clean up. At least once a day we throw in an orange, grapes, tiny bit of banana, frozen raspberries (remember when I did those?) and some ice and make juice. Duncan yells, "JUICE!" it's so yummy and a good summer treat with the ice in there. So, while I have recanted me telling Matt he's crazy for buying it, I haven't shared my love for it with him. What can I say, I thought it would go by way of the quesadilla maker, which is in the donation pile as I type.

First popsicle ever... He did very well. I think this also serves as the first time his nice big forehead has been used as a blank canvas for anything other than bruises too!


I don't think Duncan's tongue being out is actually intentional (It's right above the fake tongue), made for a cute picture for sure


Greg and Abbi - cute =)


Abbi showing Dylan her best doggie face! (Notice Dylan only has one bow in. Ian was sitting up on the edge of the backseat and grabbing Dylan's pony tails!! Stinker!)


Cute doggies


Checking each other out.


Not so sure about the balloon rattle. This was pre-me thinking about where those little things would go when it popped...


On the hay ride


We tried to get her to look at the camera, it was a no go. This one was pretty good considering she was spending a lot of time trying to eat my face off.


Ian on the hay ride


All tuckered out.


In the stroller with his funny matching socks from grandma (which are too small by the way, bummer =( better hurry and have another! I kid!)


So cute when they're sleeping!


Making juice with daddy - grapes in his cheekers, handsome little devil.


This little dude likes the bug too! His cheeks are so chapped, they clear up with meds by night but are back in the morning!

No comments: