Matthew and Duncan went to Lake Powell for the annual family trip. Matthew has to go, his name is on the houseboat as the driver so when the family wants to use it, he's in. He loves it though, wouldn't miss it for the world. Duncan's Aunt Kristen told me that she would help Matthew watch Duncan when Matthew was driving the boat and stuff... after I made sure what she was getting herself in to, I happily agreed! She has boys, but Duncan's, inquisitive... yea, inquisitive. I knew he would have so much fun though! I am sure he's having a blast! I hope Kristen's enjoying herself too!
I miss my little dude (and the big one... maybe a little), it's so QUIET around here! Booooring. I actually vaccuumed AND mopped, and if that wasn't enough, it was on the same day, can you believe it?! I have been watching movies, totally caught up on the DVR... it's been pretty laid back.
Here's to hoping that Dylan is walking around all over the place next year and we can join them! Even if only for a couple of days. (Which is enough for me!)
Ian's been pretty upset for a couple of days because of those teeny front teeth! He cut the one and then followed it with the second just yesterday. He's just not quite as happy and he certainly isn't sleeping as well. Poor baby, we have several more to go, don't let these two get you down!
Dylan's starting to help get herself undressed, not in a major way, but it's the little things right? If you tell her 'Arms up!' to whip her shirt over her head she will put her arms forward and relax her shoulders! Good girl! It's so helpful and she anticipates what you are going to do! This is pretty big!
Speaking of that little gal, she has another bladder infection! I took her in Monday morning, on a whim, again... and I just wanted to rule it out. We ruled it in. I say again, how lucky I brought her in! It's just crazy, mom's intuition I guess... and thank goodness too. Anyway, it's only been 2 months since the last one, and her third this year so she's going back on the prophylactic antibiotics. That's just too many, even though she's as happy as pie. You would never know anything was bothering her!
Her arms and hands have been a little puffy for over a week now so they took her blood pressure to make sure it wasn't kidneys (Ack! kidneys!) and she was fine. Just to rule out any other problems her Ped had me go in to get and get an ultrasound of her arms to make sure there wasn't any restricted blood flow, a blood clot or something like that. Traci and Abbi watched Ian while we ran in this morning and everything looked great. We go to Dr. Endo at the end of the month so I think I might just ask Dr. Ped if he wants any blood work done then, while she's getting it drawn anyway.
She HATED the ultrasound! They went from her chest through her neck and down each arm and I had to hold her arms and head accordingly. As soon as we stopped she hopped up on the bed and was bouncing and happy, talking and playing. Silly girl.
Bouncing... sometimes when Ian's going nuts in the bouncer she will walk up to him (on her knees) and just watch him and bounce bounce bounce up and down with him. Looking right at him. It's funny.
Oh, and sorry for avoiding you, mwah!

Abbi sitting Ian this morning
Drinking from a straw!

Ewwwe!



3 comments:
Dylie looks like such a big girl in that picture. She is just beautiful! I love it!
And the straw pictures are awesome.
You guys SERIOUSLY better plan a weekend up this way!! :)
They went without you?? Rude! They didn't even invite us...maybe next year we'll be cool enough!
Straw pictures are so cute!! Glad all is well and it was nice to catch a glimpse of you in the car the other day.
About my "bad habit" I'm only cutting back no cutting out completely! And I'm only cutting down on my time lurking around. (Like I could give up cold turkey? Pleazzzz!)
Post a Comment